IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Question about six goswamins of Braj

Rate this topic

23)*Rupa (Svarupa, *Sanatana),

24)Raghunatha, *Jiva,

Six Gosvamis-they were deputed to go to Vrndavana to excavate the present places of pilgrimage. The present city of Vrndavana and the importance of Vrajabhumi were thus disclosed by the will of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. See also: *Rupa Gosvami, *Sanatana Gosvami, *Jiva Gosvami, Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami and Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami.

I am somewhat confused who the disciplic succession is mentioning, is Svarupa Goswami one of the six goswamins? There seems to be only 5 Goswamins mentioned in the succession one of the Raghunatha Goswamins is missing {either Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami and Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami} What I am saying is I need to know who's who's, is there same names going on here? I can't figure it out. Please tell me in easy terms so I understand.

Basically what I want to know is which of the Goswamins the disciplic succession of Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya is mentioning.

I am making a kinda of a list for the site, not really easy finding information. Just going through the Folio getting anything which looks nice. Haribol!

Hare Krishna

Thankyou, very much for this book link. It most amazing book I got loads of information from it. Its quite wonderous to see how spiritual our disicplic succession is. I was reading again about it being a siksa Paramapara, this makes so much sense. I can only say BR Sridhara Maharaja is my Guardian of devotion. And for all others too.

All Glories also to Govinda Maharaja!

Guest guest

I'm happy you like it.

Bhakti Vikasa Swami of ISKCON also is happy with the book, and he supplied some of the information within it. Bhakti Vikasa Swami's new book about Prabhupada Srila Saraswati Thakur will contain lots of really useful information too about Guru Parampara.