IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Which oil is good for skin?

Rate this topic

Cocout oil is for cooling the body in hot temperatures. Mustard oil is for heating the body in cold temperatures.

Sandalwood oil is the best for cooling, but it is so costly no one will ever get real sandalwood oil. There is a chemical synthetic that smells exactly like sandalwood, which is always mixed in with the real sandalwood oil. The effect of the chemical probably isn't good, so it is better to go with coconut oil for cooling.

Guest guest

Thanks very much. I am a little confused, though. I am from India, and they sell coconut oil to use on the hair. Do I use that on the skin, or is there any specific coconut oil for skin?

Yes, use it directly on the skin. Don't use fancy scented hair oils, just use plain old coconut oil (Parachute brand is fine, the blue bottled one).

In the winter coconut oil will condense and won't flow. At that time you should be using mustard oil to heat the body.

Guest guest

After applying oil on the skin, do I have to wait for a few minutes before taking shower? Or do I bathe immediately after?

jndas:

Sandalwood oil is the best for cooling, but it is so costly no one will ever get real sandalwood oil. There is a chemical synthetic that smells exactly like sandalwood, which is always mixed in with the real sandalwood oil. The effect of the chemical probably isn't good, so it is better to go with coconut oil for cooling.

Whoa! What about the Mysore Government sandalwood oil, or the stuff that's sold in the US as 100% essential oil? In other words, what am I using in my puja for my Thakurajis, and what am I drinking in the charanamrita?

R THERE ANY GOOD OILS FOR BLEMISHES

Tea Tree oil.

Look it up on the net and you will see how good it is!

Couple it with eating good diet, as sugar, white flour, chemicals, and of course flesh foods, contribute to blemishes.