IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Surrender is alone sufficient to produce all sorts of development in bhakti

Rate this topic

Found this nectarian words from Maharaja. On Saranagati.

Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara Maharaja:

When I left the mission of my Guru Maharaj, after his disappearance, I came here quite helpless. I had to find my shelter and so I began to search the books which I had. What I received from my Guru Maharaj, I began to research the references in the Scriptures. I tried to dive deep in there, to collect the very basis of real devotional life. I found that it is saranagati; and wherever I found the verses recommending and relating to that, I tried my best to collect them and compile the nectar in the life of one who has fully surrendered himself to the feet of the Divine Lord.

That is Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamrtam. In my study I found that it has been mentioned that saranagati, surrender is alone sufficient to produce all sorts of development in bhakti. Nothing else is necessary. So try your best to stick to saranagati, and automatically everything will come to you from the other side. Yoru business will only be to adhere to saranagati to the most intense degree possible. Saranagati is enough, surrender, and without that no devotion, no bhakti can stand.

The greatness and the substance of saranagati has been sung, praised and appreciated in such a way. The surrendering temperament is the very basis. "I am for you. You may utilize me, or you may neglect me, still I am yours. You may accept or reject me, but you are my Master. You are independent and may deal with me in any way you like. You can put me in eternal hell, or you can take me on your lap. You have every right over me." With such heart we must approach our Lord.

Extracted from: www.guardian-of-devotion../articles/close.htm

Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamrtam www.guardian-of-devotion../books/books.htm