IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Read FULL Bhagavatam all 12 Cantos in less than a year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you think a year is a goal one should aim for, No. I have read that you need to be chanting for 20 years before one can relish the taste for the Holy Name and thats not chanting 16 rounds But 64 Rounds, and with regard to reading we must also consider 20 years in order to grasp a semblance of the knowlege contained within the Bhagavatam, Let us follow A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's example and imerse ourselves fulltime daily in reading,studying and chanting.

Guest guest

And, Srila Prabhupada directly told me that everything I need to know to go back home in my constitutional position is contained in His introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is.

Sreila Bhaktisiddhanta Swami, I heard (correct me if I am wrong), spent over 1 year teaching his first disciples Srimad Bhagavatam, Canto One, Chapter One, Verse One. Krsna Consciousness is fully available in the invocation "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya". The Entire Vedanta, Srutis as well as smritis, are fully available in the utterance of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

ys mahaksadasa

"Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya".

Oh My Lord the all-pervading Personality of Godhead,

I offer my respectful obsiences unto you.

You maybe right. Anybody seen the Purport Srila Prabhupada gives on the verse? Mind-blowing.

Guest guest

are mind blowing. This whole volume is extraordinary. Srila Prabhupada was very concerned about his abilities to translate and teach much when he arrived. tHE Three volumes he wrote in Vrndavan (First Canto) are fully packed with the whole srimad Bhagavatam, by Sriman Bhagavatam. His description of the mahabharata characters are wonderful, and these volumes make a wonderful concordex for Bhagavad Gita, where the names of the players are entioned.

If I hit the road, post armageddon, If I only had three books, perhaps these three volumes of First Canto would be a necissity. As it is, my emergency backpack has BGAII, TLC, NOD, NOI, and teachings of Queen Kunti. Very compact, very mobile. Good for a survival fire in the middle of nowhere hiding from the cannibals.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa