IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
VNV

Dealing with hate

Rate this topic

I've been in a lot of religious chat rooms lately, all different religions. Not at all preaching to anyone Krishna Consciousness but not hiding my religion either. One thing I've notice is the scary amount of hate that people have in their hearts. First I noticed it between the Jewish people and the Muslims, they would tear people apart verbally with absolutely no respect for each other's feelings or soul. Then in the Christian/catholic rooms I see so many saying things like "if you do not accept Jesus you will burn in hell". Well I can deal with ignorant people saying such close minded things, but it does hurt me deeply that THESE people themselves actually think that. I know in my heart that Jesus is not the only way back home to God, and I respect all religions, but I'm having a hard time dealing with all this hate people are harboring in their hearts. It hurts me to think that they have the right to ridicule valid religious paths like Hinduism and Krishna Consciousness based on the fact that it isn't THEIR religion. So if anyone has any tips for me on how to emotionally deal with all this hate that I feel around me I'd be very grateful.

I was JUST listening to a devotee from Rudra Sampradaya on TV, he was asked sometimes people ridicule Hindusium so what should we try to do in this situation.?

He said we belong to Vedic Culture {sanskruti}, so we should be higher than them. Why should WE stoop down to their level? Basically this means we are above them so why should be see the fault as it were.

My way of thinking is if a dog pisses on your carpet you just clean it up, you don't kick the dog. Sorry for the crude example.

But not every devotee is the same as a Maha-Bhagavata, he can defeat almost anybody but us who can we? we can't even convince our own minds about even small things. Be nice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't really believe that either, Srila Prabhupada said himself there are many paths to God, Hinduism and Krishna Consciousness are only two of them... I don't want to have an egotistical attitude about my religion, because that in itself has the ability to bring out hate, I think. In a perfect world we could all have the religion that feels right for us and we could all live in peace without all this hate and putting down others. I love Lord Krishna so don't get me wrong, I'd love for more people in the world to be striving for Krishna Consciousness, but I'm fine if they have their own paths to God too, through Christianity or Islam or whatever they want to be.

Yeah but isn't that the attitude of Maha Bhagavata devotee?

I am sick of being like i.e I am HK so I accept your path even if you call me an idoit. What the hell is that? I am a fool to stand and take it? Or do I say I am above you. I take latter option. I am above you but not like I am all emcompassing above you. You may be better driver than me.

Or you may be devoted to God more than me. But far as knowing anything about HK. I think I am contradicting myself. Just goes to show how being nice sometimes gets you nowhere. Haribol

here:

The Monkeys

(SP Lil.V, p.42)

"Neither be their friends nor their enemies, if you make friends with them, they will simply be nuisance. If you become their enemies, they will become very vindictive. Just maintain a neutral position."

We don't want to seem "holier than thou" and scare people off like some Christian preachers do. But on the other hand like you said why should we lay down like dogs and just take out verbal beatings with a smile. I personally don't know how to really deal with people with such hard hearts that they think Jesus or someone else is the only way back to God. I hope that God, who they claim they love so much, can make their hearts less hard so that they can understand other religions are just as valid as theirs.

I forgot the devotee from Rudra Sampradaya also said to

Pray for them. Change of heart like you said they need this. {Paramatma place}. I wouldn't worry about it so much this is just 1 planet. Try to change some sincere people minds. I learnt taking to fools is foolish lol

The word xenophobia was formed from the Greek elements xenos "guest, stranger, foreigner" + phobos "fear."

-----------------

Yesterday a little girl looked at me with such eyes of hate,that i winced as if I'd seen a ghost.

Why is there so much hate in this so-called civilized world .It's almost as if it's been programmed into us from bith. Yes. That's it :we varna-sankara types have been conceived in Lust,the all devouring sinful enemy of this world.

Hate is simply the flip-side of Love/Lust(not to be confused with Prema,the goal of the pure Krsna-bhakta)

So this bloody Hate and I mean 'bloody' which draws blood in all the war,violence and killing from Sudan to Iraq feeds on itself.The more you Hate the more you love Hating.You get a taste for Hate ,the perversion of devotional loving attachment.Your object of Hate becomes your ista-deva.You adore hating as a pure devotee adores loving Krsna.

In short,my point : STOP hating this bloody world or that bloody person. Come clean of blood/sin/hate stain on the soul.O.K.?

The cure for this hating is loving Krsna.You can even go and hate Krsna but Krsna will be so kind that He will kill you in love(He'll give you a better body in order to love Him)

All glories to Sri Krsna !!!

when you dont understand that God loves ALL living entities, you are prone to hate

when you think yours is the only way to God, you are prone to hate

when you cant see the good in others, you are prone to hate

hate comes from ignorance and pride

"He said we belong to Vedic Culture {sanskruti}, so we should be higher than them. Why should WE stoop down to their level? Basically this means we are above them so why should be see the fault as it were."

-----------------------

It's not that we are "higher than them" but we should attempt to be above showing and feeling anger towards them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ONce Kanchi Paramacharya Sri Chandrasekarendra Swami while walking on the streets with other people His mutt, one of the political wing of tamilnadu who hated brahmins and their culture and especially the religious people, threw slippers on Paramacharya literally. This happend in the 70's. But neither Paramaacharya, nor the devotees surrounding Acharya responded vulgarly or bitterly, but moved away from that place and devotees tried to protect Acharya. When He was questioned, He said Why should we go down to their level. God is there to take care of everything. (But that government collapsed within six months and lost vote of confidence in the succeding election and the chief of the party could not come to power for the next 22 years). Now that chief nor those party people does not play with religion and religious people.

"He said we belong to Vedic Culture {sanskruti}, so we should be higher than them. Why should WE stoop down to their level? Basically this means we are above them so why should be see the fault as it were."

-----------------------

It's not that we are "higher than them" but we should attempt to be above showing and feeling anger towards them.

-------------------------

Is it true that advancement in spiritual life, is realizing my lowest position in relation to God, His devotees, and power? For me, before, and even sometimes now, advancement means that I shall have some position in society, respect. That is definitely due to false ego but can't realize that yet, since its not in my hands. But is it true that advancement means not elevation of respect, fame etc, but degradation of these?