IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suresh_krsna

Krishna With Flute in Hand!

Rate this topic

I heard from Elders that having Krishna Idol Having Flute in Hand should not be kept at home,Idol may be small or big ? why should not we keep at home - somebody kindly expalain.They say that having such will result in loss of Money, Property, people, etc at home

Kindly explain

Money, Property, people, etc at home

----

Hmmm! You know, if you look too long at Krishna with His flute, you will fall in love with Him. You might not care about material benefits like money, property, people, etc. Like Meera abandoning her palace for the temple. Actually if you "lose" things because of Krishna, that is a blessing from Krishna. He doesn't take anything from you, but you just feel like renouncing. Actually, Gopala Krishna is the greatest wealth.

I have a Muralidhara Krishna in my house, and nothing bad has happened. So don't be afraid, you should definitely keep Him in your house. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

I am blessed with shri shri radha-madhava in my house...my love for Krsna has made me un attached to a lot of things I cared about so much earlier loss of money or gold damage to my house doesn't bother me coz I know he is there he will protect me.Only good things have happened since I had him...with Krsna in your house you are blessed and protected.

Hari Bol

Krsna dasi

I don't think you should keep Krishna's Deity in your house unless you intend to worship him. You can have His statue. There is a big difference, to have a Krishna's Deity in the house is the same as you invite the Lord to be your guest. This way you will have to take care of Him just as you would take care of your guest, and even better because He is the Lord.

You know what they say, if you don't want to loose an attachment to your worldly possesions,friends and relatives, do not go to the bank of the Jamuna and do not look at the smiling face of the Shymasundara, who is playing on His flute. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

post-2321-138274051087_thumb.jpg

Guest guest

My dear friend, if you are indeed attached to your worldly friends, do not look at the sliming face of Lord Govinda as He stands on the bank of the Yamuna.

Srila Rupa Goswami

"My dear friends, Krsna is so beautiful that the goddess of fortune always remains on His chest, and He is always adorned with a golden necklace. Beautiful Krsna plays His flute in order to enliven the hearts of many devotees. He is the only friend of the suffering living entities. When He plays His flute, all the cows and other animals of Vrndavana, although engaged in eating, simply take a morsel of food in their mouths and stop chewing. Their ears raise up and they become stunned. They do not appear alive but like painted animals. Krsna's flute playing is so attractive that even the animals become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves."

(Krsna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Ch. 35)

Krsna- Karnamrita

Text 64

madhuram adhara-bimbe mañjulaà manda-häse

çiçiram amåta-nä. çétalaà dåñöi-päte

vipulam aru\ea-netre viçrutaà ve\eu-nä.

marakata-ma\ei-nélaà bälam alokaye nu

madhuram--sweet; adhara--lips; bimbe--like bimba fruit; mañjulam--charming; manda--mild; häse--smile; çiçiram--soothing; amåta--nectarous; näda--words, voice; çétalam--cooling; dåñöi päte--glances; vipulam--large; aru\ea--reddish like dawn; netre--eyes; viçrutam--famous; ve\eu--nä.--flute--song; marakata--of sapphire (? emerald); ma\ei--jewel; nélam--deep blue color; bälam-boy (Kåñëa); älokaye-I shall see; nu-oh.

Oh, that I may see that young boy, who has a complexion as deep blue as a sapphire; sweet lips like bimba fruit; charming, mild smiling; soothing, nectarous words; cooling glances; and large, dawn-red eyes, and who is famous for His flute-song.

Guest guest

well...i have a krishna idol with a flute on my study table.is it ok if i keep it there?