IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Spiritual crisis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am experiencing a peculiar spiritual crisis, in that I am not able to choose between atheism and theism. If I am theist and tell people I am theist, they might laugh at me and think I am a religious bigot. But if I call myself atheist, they think I am cool. What am I to do? Do I give up beliefs to look cool or what? Please answer. Thanks.

Even if you become an athiest to "look cool" what happens when you're all alone, and friends and family are gone. Or when you are on your death bed, what then? Or if when you're old, your family leaves you in a nursing home and always "forgets" to visit? Then what?

So just remember, God is your only real friend. Even if you lose your good looks, or you fail in school or at your job, or if all your friends and family forget about you, your Best Friend will still be there, and in His eyes, you will always be beautiful, and He will never leave you alone.

Guest guest

Those people that laugh at you will factually not be with you for the rest of your life. Why should you waste the rest of your life for satisfying those people? It is your life and you have every right to be a theist. Don't be controlled by those people, but be controlled by God, Krsna.

Guest guest

but it is still very hard for me to reject people and things, you know. I am too attached. Is it really possible to remain an atheist and yet be a good hindu, like Kapila? If not, is it OK to be theist 'inwardly' but pretend otherwise, if only to appear normal.

And no amount of pretending will make it so.

Prahlada Maharaja, he was surrounded by atheists, but he always remembered Krsna.

I find myself surrounded by atheists, agnostics, people who are religious one morning a year for their kids or people who think religion is something you do once a week at church. I remember Krsna. Most people wouldn't even know I am a total religious whacko with absolutely nothing in common with them except that I've been there and done that.

But God sends religious people everywhere, even among the atheists. Hopefully you and I will not be beaten or crucified like some famous preachers have been. The truth is that everyone, deep down inside wants Krsna. This is the truth. Some just have to deal with other more demanding issues first. Without talking religion you can help relieve their burdens so they can free themselves from their blinders and their mad rush for respect and entertainment.

But you can never be an atheist. You have set your aim for Krsna in past lives. It will continue in this life. Nothing can stop that. No one has to know who you really are. You'll just be one happy dude. Not everyone is ready to hear about God. He makes it easy to be an atheist by hiding. His compassion for them is unlimited; they will join you when they are ready.

Prahlada achieved all perfection with Krsna, simply by remembering Him. It's impossible not to fall in love with Him as you remember Him, read about Him, chant about Him. But remembering you can do anywhere without negative comments from your associates. They are running away from God to try to enjoy on their own; and Krsna is okay with that. Perhaps you can be the agent through which He will eventually lift them up to the higher life.

The truth is: most people are theists not atheists. You will find this out.