IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

laws of karma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

inspired by a different thread, here's one i thought about the other day...

I work in a hospital and the corridor floors are made of tile. I'm walking along with a cup of coffee and someone knocks me and some coffee splills on the floor. He apologises and i just walk off, thinking it's his responsibility for cleaning up the mess, not mine. Later, a poor old woman slips on the coffee and bruises her backside.

Who gets the bad karma? Me, for being negligent, or the man who knocked into me? (or the old woman for not looking where she is going /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

karmanyeva-adhikar-aste ma phalesu kadachana

Just act. Don't think of the fruit of action. If you spill your coffee, clean it up. Or make sure somebody else does it. Who cares who would get the karmic reaction if you did not? Just clean it! Somebody could slip of course...

If you get too deep into which action led to which reaction, you might feel you are doing your duty by making old ladies trip, because that lady tripping might have been a reaction for one of her past actions!

No no no! Don't let it get too complicated! Just do your duty, That is all! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Having known that the coffee was spilled and leaving that place without getting it cleaned actually shows that you (just to indicate the person) are not socially inclined, leaving behind the karmic aspects whether you are affected or the person who crashed on you is affected. If you are simple minded with no ego, then dont wait for other person to clean up, rather you can do it. This is what I do. You know who inspired me. Mahathma Gandhiji.

He has cleaned up the . of people who left them unattended in public places while he was in both south africa and also in Indian villages.

Shri Krishna Himself cleaned up the plates for His Guests when someone visits Him out of their love to meet Him. Think like this and that would make you a better person.

If you have a dog and if you walk your dog, dont you clean up for the sake of ur dog when it does something nasty on the road, why not the coffee or a banana fruits cover that might slip someone if you dont attend to it, or a glass piece or even a thorn or any sharp thing on the floor in the walking path. Whether we did or not, I invariably remove these kind of things

Guest guest

"Who gets the bad karma? Me, for being negligent, or the man who knocked into me? (or the old woman for not looking where she is going )"

all three.. and many many others... if we start to calculate actually all universe is involved

Karma is the bit in the mouth of the horse senses that draw the body. Krsna is driving the chariot of the body which is pulled by the horse senses. When the chariot moves in the wrong direction, Krsna needs to pull the reins in one way or another to properly redirect the soul who rides in the chariot body. The greater the misdirection, the greater the force is that must be placed on the reins. The more obstinate the horses are, the greater the force is that must be placed on the reins.

This analogy seems to work quite well. So, really we do not see it as good or bad karma, but rather we see it all as Krsna's mercy - getting our chariot back on track, back to Godhead.

As for the coffee on the floor, it all depends on what Krsna wanted you to do. Perhaps He is using you to teach the other two a lesson, and He really wants the coffee left there. This is why we have to get beyond the words of religion - no set of rules can govern our behaviour moment to moment. The mind is not an appropriate vehicle of control. The heart is the greater guidance system. Purifying the heart is the goal and treasure of religion.

Guest guest

Do you need any other clarification that you get the bad karma, but just watching something wrong going on and not doing anything, out of which some one fell down. Yes you get the karma