IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why is liberation (mukti) seen as 'poison' by the pure devotee ?

Rate this topic

How is it said to be poison for pure bhakti ?

To be free from all material desires seems to be too good an offer to pass up:esp. if your going for transcendance!

Imagine if you were free from all tpes of sexual desires entering your mind and heart every time you see a preety woman .

Imagine being free of the desire for palatable foodstuffs entering your mind.

Imagine being free of the desire for all 'sensual delights' of this whole material jagat i.e.,money,power,followers,etc....

The type of mukti that means merging into the impersonal effulgence of the Lord is poison, because... well, where is Krishna in that?

Devotees love the personal form of the Lord. They would rather be born in this material world and still be able to love Krishna, than get this other kind of mukti.

Of course, going to Sri Vaikuntha or Goloka is a different story, and material desires will also be vanquished at that point. "Desire for palatable foodstuffs" would sound like "Oh! How delicious that food looks! Krishna would love that, I'm sure!" Krishna is the Lord, and if any desires are there, they will not be mundane desires, they will be desires to see Him enjoying and happy.

1. Me.

2. Krsna.

3. My love for Him.

These are mine and I will not part with one and three just to off-load the burden onto two.

These three things are MINE eternally forever and ever, and no sweet-talking devil is going to steal them from me.

He can have all my number three for Himself...

And I hope Krishna also has some "number three" for me as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ye yatha mam prapadyante <font color="red">tams tathaiva bhajamy aham </font color>

mama vartmanuvartante manusyah partha sarvasah (BG 4.11)