IndiaDivine.org

Without the divine varnashrama institution there cannot be peace in the world ! ! !

Rate this topic

krsna

Srila Prabhupada cared enough to propagate this concept/vision of re-viving the ideal vedic model of a global vedistic culture for the top to botom re-spiritualization of the entire human society.But then where does it leave me if I can't even get along with my flaming wife and kids ???

-----

Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 7, text 20 - purport.

"Although the Krishna consciousness movement is a movement of brahmanas and Vaishnavas, it is trying to re-establish the divine varnashrama institution, for without this division of society there cannot be peace and prosperity in the world."

Can you give some practical examples as to what that would look like as that understanding entered into a society like the one in the USA today?

I don't think anything is going to manifest from the subtle to the grosser manifestation without a solid mental blueprint being created first.

For me it seems more useful to advocate for the protection of the innocent by opposing abortion and animal slaughter, then just telling people that ksatriya's are supposed to protect the helpless.

Do you see what I mean? I have little hope for some formal acknowledment of varna gaining wide spread acceptance in society at large.

But I think there is *some* for improvement if certain issues are identified and pushed for.

first, you must understand your own position and consciously accept your place in society. that alone is a huge step for most people. this is also part of the mental blueprint you are talking about.

most devotees preaching about varnashrama dharma have only a superficial grasp of the subject. that includes even big names in the preaching field. the large blueprint has always been there - it simply must be understood by the devotees who are involved in the preaching.

"Can you give some practical examples as to what that would look like as that understanding entered into a society like the one in the USA today?"

that understanding has not yet entered our own society, let alone society in general. if it did, devotees would identify themselves as much in terms of varna as they now identify themselves in terms of ashrama. and we would not have brahmanas trying to manage the temples or vaishyas trying to preach.

the first question I ask devotees who preach about varnashrama is: what is your varna? any hesitation or ambiguity in their answer disqualifies them in my eyes right away. and only brahmanas and kshatriyas can have a good practical understanding of this subject, which is a necessary requirement for being able to explain this subject to others.