IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What is Visnu?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I am new to this. What is the meaning of Visnu and why do most of you think visnu is god? How is it different from Saivas who think Siva is god and visnu is demigod, or Muslims who think Allah is god and everything else is lesser god. Can you please explain?

Guest guest

R u saying he'll actually answer. that i will hear voices? could it be hallucination? How to find out?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

R u saying he'll actually answer. that i will hear voices? could it be hallucination? How to find out?

Too many assumptions make an ass out of u and me . This is very advanced spiritualism. Do not think repeating names is something like self-hypnotism. Believe me it is much much more than that. None of the gurus were halucinating that Krishna was talking to them, rather they proved by example what a great life they lived.

This chanting has made drunkards who beat their wives into responsible father, has canged some of my alcoholic friends into great responsible devotees and a responsible person. Chant with devotion and you will find the difference.

Guest guest

You have asked a valid question. We have many names, I am called mahaksadasa when folks refer to a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, I am called mad mahax by those who read my left-wing political diatribes, I am called mudmon by the nice christians I converse with, and I am called matt by the government that has had just about enough of me.

Here are four names currently in use, each name is descriptive of a facet of my personality. I have at least ten other names, middle names, surnames, etc, each dewscribing a way that certain folks know me.

No we get to God, who I am an insignificant spark of. God had hundreds and millions of names, each describing certain attributes, many names referred to by those who think of the supreme lord in a certain way (or flavor, or rasa). Each and every name of god in invested with full transcendental potency.

Christians who actually follow Lord Jesus Christ do not call god Jesus, because Jesus tells them that he is here about his fathers business. Jesus calls his father Elahoi, Jahovia, and other names, including abbhoi, which he considers his supreme father an intimate friend as well.

The Islamic folks who honor the supreme lord are attracted to His feature of Compassion, therefore they call him Allah. The Supreme Lord is considered the maintainer of all beings, therefore, he is Called Visnu. He is also considered the primeval lord, the original person, the Lord of the Demigods themselves, thus Lord Narayana.

He is also all-attractive, so He is called Lord Krsna. There are names of Krsna that reflect how He is sweetly and intimately relating with his unalloyed associates, thus He is called Damodhara, SyamaSundara, so many names. In fact, if every being ever created uttered with every breath a new name for the all attractive Krsna, the Affectionate Supreme Father, the most compassionate Father, the qualities of Krsna would still be unexplained.

So, all glories to the Holy Names (plural) of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Oh, and it is not who anyone thinks is god, god is who he is regardless. And those who answer "just chant" to serious and submissive inquiry, I hope, will chant so they become a little qualified to answer such serious questions, otherwise, this movement will fail. Srila Prabhupada did not tell us, "Just chant", he gives us the whole deal. His whole mission is to give answers "by citing the lord's version", and undertook great effort to publish many books, full of exciting drama, philosophy, intrigue, so much wonderful gifts to us. We do not serve him well by saying "just chant". We must make devotees, not tape players.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Lord krishna creates, so he is called brahama, the creater

Brahma got the ball rolling from the hill, he is the drop that starts the ripple of the water. In life, he is the baby that is born out of the babys womb. This is why I offer him my obidance, my respect, and my love.

Lord Krishna preserves, so he is called Vishnu, the preserver, He is the mother of the baby, without the mother, the baby would surley die. He is water stream, that moves the water down to the ocean, and he is in every single atom, watching over us. This is why I offer him my obidance, my respect, and my love.

Lord krishna destroys, so he is called lord Shiva, the destroyer. Shiva is the destroyer, one day he will come and destroy my mother and my dad, he will destroy my brother and my sisster, one day he will come and destroy my son and my daughter. and one day he will destroy this entire universe. This is why I offer him my obidance, my respect, and my love.