IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Chemisrty Cource?

Rate this topic

You have to study, and you need to find out who is the best professor.

Srila Prabhupad was a chemist and/or pharmacist during his grhasta days, so I'm sure chemistry would have been easy for him.

I find it to be a very tedious subject.

That would depend on the students level of comprehension and general mind structure.

I couldn't do it. My mind is far too air headish.

But better to find God in the clouds and stars than miss Him in the molecules.

Of course He is in the molecules also. The point of either mind set is to find Him.

Personally I think you would make one hell of a mad scientist. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

it has nothing to do with devotional qualifications. brahminical minds are minds attached to study and science. not all brahmanas are devotees. it is just a varna, or material designation.

chemistry is interesting and useful, but clearly not for everyone. it is a hard science, with lots of theory and lots of practical applications. if you like math and physics you will like chemistry too.

But like you said I am mad.

I try to be sane, but my 'real' personality just comes out.

If you don't believe check out my posts. They are never consistant lol

Everyone is mad. That is the state of the entire universe. The REALLY insane ones are those who think they are not. Becareful around someone who doesn't know who he is but insists he does. They could *go off* at any time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually you are one of the very few nearly sane people on the planet. Everyday you occupy yourself with thoughts of Krsna. Seriously you are a rare soul, but don't get puffed up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I also cannot maintain consistentcy. With me it is a brain disorder called attention deficent disorder. Without calamus root everyday I can't even finish a book before I start another one. It used to be I could have 3 or 4 going at the same time and sometime never seem to finish any of them.

I get nothing practical done but it's not because I am lazy it is just an impulse control thing. I want to know everything about thing NOW. So becoming distracted along the way is a given. My brain gets bambarded with thoughts. Calamus root or vacha really helps.

But anyway distraction can be dealt with by remembering that no matter which direction the mind takes us Krsna is already there.

The question then is will Krsna give me the grace to recognize Him wherever my mind lands if only for brief time.

Like you. You display a thousand interests. But you have them all connected up to Krsna in some way. You have already transcended Stephen Hawkins or any mundane chemist in any lab.

Keep your interest in chemistry just know that you may never become a chemist. While the interest is there just remember to look for Krsna as He displays His marvelous energy in the form of all these dancing molecules and move towards realizing how He is hiding behind them as well.

pranams

Hare Krsna

Jai!

Keep your interest in chemistry just know that you may never become a chemist.

Desire. Now theres a good solution to the problem of desiring sence gratification. It's there just leave until in time it should indeed be purified.

I was wondering for how to reply to you. So sorry for the delay. Haribol..jai SRI NITAI!

They should know the quote. I remember hearing something like cooking is easy for a chemist because they are both the same thing, just mixing, heating and measuring ingredients but maybe there is an entirely different quote out there besides I said mine wrong.