IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

as devotees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

can we go to movies together, go the the beach, park etc if you are married. I mean perticularly if you marry a non devotee and want her to come into krsna consciousness. I heard its ok as if you dont keep it balanced there is a chance the marriage will end up in a divorce.

I mean thats family life isnt it?

Guest guest

of course you go in the beach, cinema, park with your wife.. do you want to be closed everytime in your home?

do not be so complicated... simply chant everyday your fixed number of rounds of hare krsna mantra .. or more

thta's all!!

sva-dharma nidhanam sreyah, par-dharmo bhayavahah

"Do not be too ambitious. Keep your position firm and try to advance slowly."

Never try to lead an unnatural, fanatical, puritanical life. With some prasadam and sadhu sanga she will gain sukriti and eventually be brought to Krsna. Not going to the beach, park, or occasional movie is severe overkill. This was recommended by fanatics during the 1980's. Many of the brahmacharis and grhastas who tried to follow like this either gave it up quickly, or blooped trying. 99% of grhastas that I know do these things that you mentioned wanting to do, and I do NOT see it compromising their spiritual life.