IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Does most water have parasites in it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just curious about this. Do water filters that many people have installed prevent parasite infestations? I am familiar with Ghiardia which is found in stream & lake waters of the California Sierra. I have heard of Ghiardia in Russia. I do not know what it is you catch in Mexico but I got it once. I keep hearing about people getting sick in India. Where is there a safe place to live where water can be trusted?

parasites are present in almost all surface waters (lakes, rivers, open wells). water coming from drilled wells is almost always parasite free. many filters work quite well in removing parasites, chlorination and other disinfection methods work as well. I work for a water testing laboratory and we deal with these issues all the time. Btw. I also make an excellent anti-parasitic formula. you can find my thread in the "Marketplace" section. Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

I use Nimbus reverse osmosis and carbon afterwards, but it's only for city water and requires pressure to work. CHECK THE NET FOR OTHER OPTIONS. I wouldn't trust even bottled water. The other option is distilled, however it doesn't taste good and is a real hassle to prepare yourself. Some filters are effective for what you're asking, however reverse osmosis and carbon is almost certainly the best available choice. It can be purchased with a pump, if needed and there are also portable units. You can easily test the processed water yourself as well., though the membranes last many years.

Guest guest

The other option is distilled, however it doesn't taste good and is a real hassle to prepare yourself.

I have a little home distilling unit in my kitchen. Works great and is very easy. Fill it up with a gallon of water at night and turn it on. When I wake up there is a gallon of freshly distilled water waiting.

Distilled water to me is characterized by lack of taste. I can't imagine someone not liking it. I used to buy it in plastic bottles but it seemed like there was always some plastic taste. very slight so I may have been imagining it.

Distilled water, if done completely, should just be pure water.

You wouldn't believe the sediment that collects in the machine from getting distilled out.

I live in an old building and was primarily trying to avoid any lead residue from the pipe fittings.

There is also naturally distilled water in the form of freshly made juices from fruit and veggies.

Guest guest

I once heard from a doctor that distilled water somehow draws minerals out of the body. Any knowledge of that? I appreciate the interesting answers given about water.

distilled water will indeed flush out minerals out of your body more than regular water. but this is not always bad, as many people have too much sodium (from salt) in their system. Still, there is nothing better than a natural water from a deep well - both in terms of taste, and health benefit.

Guest guest

If one is concerned about mineral lose then it seems freesh fruit and veggie juice would be the ideal. The reverse would be true, the body would be flooded with vitamins and minerals.

I have read that the minerals that have gone through plant phoyosynthesis become surcharge with energy and are much more usable by the cells. Can antbody speak to this?

Guest guest

I have read that the minerals that have gone through plant phoyosynthesis become surcharge with energy and are much more usable by the cells. Can antbody speak to this?

Yes, that's true. The minerals in water are assimilated better by plants and through them to us. Green leafy vegetables are particularly recommended, but most juicers can't process them very well. I have a twin-gear Samson that works great [check internet]. It also grinds nuts, seeds and sprouted grains. I make amazing unleavened essene bread with them that maintains much of the living enzymes, etc. BTW, the vegatable juices from this machine keep pretty well for days in the fridge, especially when vacuum-sealed. It won't do fruit however, but my Vitamix super-blender handles that perfectly for juice with all the pulp/seeds included. It grinds grain into flour, too, and can make instant ice cream from frozen fruit. These machines really changed my life a lot, cleaning out all the . from a mispent youth, so to speak. This summer there's so many mangoes in the market, my diet is more or less fruitarian, except for the bread. When winter comes I'll go back to the vegatable juice again.

Guest guest

be careful....some fruit seeds r toxic n should not be juiced.....eg. apple seeds.....also some skins r toxic.

Guest guest

HareKrishna!Offer water to Krishna and drink and there will be no parasites. HK!AGTSP!PAMHO