IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Questioonnn!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a question,

do bets with god work?

Lets say you ask god to make a bet with you, lets say a woman, you want to find out if she is the right one for you and that she wont hurt you.

You ask god "if I dont see her on "saturday" then that means we arent meant to be, and she will hurt me and cheat on me"

if i do see her on saturday then she will be the one girl I will love.

and lets say, I lost it, and dident see her on saturday

should I stay away from this woman?

is this just a illusion or would play games with us like that?

Thank you for clarifing this.

Guest guest

Bets with god work well, but dont count on having him subordinate to you and pay up. Duryodhana thought he had Krsnas bet down and that He would not fight in the battle, knowing that his general, Sri Bhismadeva, could only be defeated by Krsna Himself.

Guess what. Krsna cheated and welched on the deal, for his love for bhisma was clear, and the rasa of chivalry won over duryodhanas silly idea that he controlled krsna.

As far as your bet goes, she already cheated on you by not seeing you on saturday, and you are already hurt. Sounds like wedding bells to me, good luck, hare krsna,ys mahaksadasa

Don't make bets. Just jump in the pool. You want pleasure? Essentially this is what you want, but you cannot have the pleasure without some pain. If you want to find someone nice, you'll have to get jerked around at least a half a dozen times, otherwise you wont really appreciate a stable grhasta life. The most you should do is pray to Sri Krsna for assistance in your endeavors. Bets are a bit much.

Guest guest

Even in Vegas it's known the odds are stacked in favor of the house. The Lord is kind however and at least when He cheats us it is ultimately for our benefit.

Besides what can we place in the pot that He wants? The owner of everything has nothing to win except your heart. And for that end He will cheat us raw.

But however you approach God just approach.

Anyway why waste a good Saturday creating more karma to bind you to this world? How many Saturday's do you have left before you are kicked out of this body at death?

Guest guest

"The Lord is kind however and at least when He cheats us it is ultimately for our benefit."

My friend this is such a blasphemy saying the God is capable of cheating us. He will never do that. Whatever we asked from Him, the answer is either Yes, No or wait. he knows the resons behind His plans for us.

Guest guest

TRANSLATION Bg 10.36

I am also the gambling of cheats, and of the splendid I am the splendor. I am victory, I am adventure, and I am the strength of the strong.

PURPORT

There are many kinds of cheaters all over the universe. Of all cheating processes, gambling stands supreme and therefore represents Krsna. As the Supreme, Krsna can be more deceitful than any mere man. If Krsna chooses to deceive a person, no one can surpass Him in His deceit. His greatness is not simply one-sided—it is all-sided.

Among the victorious, He is victory. He is the splendor of the splendid. Among the enterprising and industrious, He is the most enterprising, the most industrious. Among adventurers He is the most adventurous, and among the strong He is the strongest. When Krsna was present on earth, no one could surpass Him in strength. Even in His childhood He lifted Govardhana Hill. No one can surpass Him in cheating, no one can surpass Him in splendor, no one can surpass Him in victory, no one can surpass Him in enterprise, and no one can surpass Him in strength.

Guest guest

"...His greatness is not simply one-sided—it is ALL-sided..."

Absolute truth exist ABSOLUTELY, everywhere at all times. We are never the doer, good or bad. Misidentification with the body and it's apparent actions binds us to receiving re-actions in the form of karma. Accepting Sri Sri Radha-Krsna as all-in-all, and thereby surrendering the 'fruits' of our supposed activities to Them, will eventually free us from such misconceptions. Over and above this, devotional service offers a wholly positive course which automatically peels away ALL materialistic attachment by delivering a "higher taste".