IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

"I am not liberated myself, so why shall I accept disciples?”

Rate this topic

Guru Means Heavy

Devotee: It is our responsibility as disciples and grand-disciples of Srila Prabhupada to set a good example. The disciples must be serious as well as the devotees accepting the role of spiritual masters.

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes, one who plays the role of guru should be guru in the true sense, not a pretender or a cheater. He must be a real teacher. He should be conscious of his capacity. If I can only carry one ton, why should I accept a load of two tons? If you take more than you can carry, you’ll be crushed, degraded. That is the result of greed. Why develop such greed? One should be conscious of his capacity. “I have no capacity, I cannot deliver a soul, I am not liberated myself, so why shall I accept disciples?” Accepting disciples when one does not have the capacity is only cheating and hypocrisy, nothing else. “I am not completely free from anarthas, so how can I make him free?” Guru means heavy. It also means heavy responsibility. It is not an easy affair to deliver even one soul from the clutches of maya ,the fort of Durga. To do so, the guru has to spend gallons and gallons of spiritual blood. This is not child’s play. Also, the disciple must be serious.

— The Process of Inquiry.

Guest guest

Real life and death issue it is. Rescue personnel must be properly trained and capable. Not that if a 220 pound man is unconscious in a burning building you send in a 100 pound women or man to pull him out just in the name of being political correct or wanting to fulfill the man's fantasy of being a fireman like his dad.

Gour Govinda Swami: Therefore, sadhu has two things, krpa and vañcana — mercy and cheating. If someone only wants external things, he is cheated. And if he wants inner things, he gets mercy, krpa. Therefore, I say, you deserve what you get. Krishna knows what you want and what you deserve. A suitable arrangement will be made for you. Although there are many thousands of Prabhupada disciples, how many have gotten real mercy? One says, “Don’t you know who I am? I am a Prabhupada disciple!” In actuality, he is suffering and suffering. Now he has become a karmi and is gliding down to hell.

Why is this? If you are not serious, you cannot receive mercy. You are such a rascal! He gave you mercy but you cannot receive it. You are so unfortunate! Sometimes I’m amazed! How is it that these Prabhupada disciples cannot understand this point? If you are serious, if you are hankering and crying in your heart, then mercy and help is always there. It is hanging like a rope in front of you — you just have to grab it. However, you are careless, not serious. So, although it is hanging right in front of you, still you cannot have it.

Guest guest

is thinking the formal acceptance ceremony IS the mercy. Consciously or unconsciously this feeling of false security lies lurking.

"One should understand the spiritual master to be as good as I am,"

said the Blessed Lord. "Nobody should be jealous of the spiritual

master or think of him as an ordinary man, because the spiritual

master is the sum total of all demigods."

--

why sum of all demigods.?

Not sure where this goes but a devotee told me a story-pastime of Prabhupada. In short a devotee held Prabhupada hand while crossing a sort of river log, and Prabhupada snatched his hand away in anger, so later Prabhupada said this is what Mayavadis do once they get to where they going they forget about everything. So anyway I did not know so I aksed Huh? The devotee said it means 'DON'T FORGET GURU'!