IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

deppresed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i have been feeling really depressed lately....i have been falling into a deppresion lately also how do i fight it.....i try but sometime everything just seems hopeless.....i need help

Guest guest

So many different mental/emotional states plus neurotransmitter imbalances may be at the root. Light depression can sometimes be treated with herbs especially nervines (nerve tonics)with sedataive actions.

Amino acids which are precursors to neurotransmitters may be enough. Dlpa, tyrosine, trptophane etc.

Perhaps allopathic drugs like prozac may help.

It varies. Do a google search for more info. and PLEASE see a trained practioner.

There is also the fact that as a prelude to actually becoming surrendered to God one of the symptoms may very well be having a nervous breakdown, as all the assumptions on life's meaning that we have been living under for however many millionsd of births become seriously questioned by this Vaisnava philosophy.

But there is nothing wrong while seeking the ultimate spiritual cure, in accepting proper medical care. It is limited but hearing the philosophy will help you to see what those are.

I have struggled with depression all my life. It WILL pass.

The best advice might be sought from the Supreme Doctor in the heart.

I have been throught this.

Whatever I used to believe about this. It helps to talk about it. Its like if you have a cup which is dirty you can't drink out of it. Similalary if you mind is full of thoughts and you don't get them out then..

This is not a little problem which will just go away. It can really haunt you. So better deal with it now. Of cource you may chant as well. This will improve you mood. I like to listen to good rockling Bhajans. Hope this helps.

Guest guest

do u know of any links where i could get these bahjans from i wouldnt know where to start

Guest guest

If I were your friend & you were bummed, I would come over to your house with a bunch of flowers & some prasadam& a big, warm hug. I would throw rose petals at your feet & light some nice incense & candles. Then I would draw a bath for you with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap to rejuvenate your skin. Smudge you too with white sage & say a blessing. Then I would give you a super massage that would last 1&1/2 hrs with a lotion that had a great invigorating fragrance in it like one I have called JOY. I would smile a lot so I could get you to smile too. I would play wonderful music for you like KRSNA VISION 5 & dance to all the bhajans to make you laugh or join in. I would read to you the most beautiful stories I could find about Krishna. You would get more hugs, foot rubs & I would cater to your hearts content until I was sure you were out of your depression for at least one night! This is a genderless remedy that any friend can give. Maybe you will feel better just reading this. or better yet have a friend that will do this for you.

Guest guest

Its okay, just think of all the positive feelings & love u are receiving from people u haven't met yet. I am sitting here sending u a smile now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna

I just complied a quick complilation of some quotes/verses/purports, from Folio Infobase of Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada.

The grandsire of the Kuru dynasty could understand the inner meaning of the heart of his grandson Duryodhana, and out of his natural compassion for him he tried to cheer him by blowing his conchshell very loudly, befitting his position as a lion. Indirectly, by the symbolism of the conchshell, he informed his depressed grandson Duryodhana that he had no chance of victory in the battle, because the Supreme Lord Krsna was on the other side. But still, it was his duty to conduct the fight, and no pains would be spared in that connection.

_Bg.1.13-Purport

Sanjaya said: Seeing Arjuna full of compassion and very sorrowful, his eyes brimming with tears, Madhusudana, Krsna, spoke the following words.

_Bg.2.1-Translation

The Lord saw that Brahma was very anxious about the planning and construction of the different planetary systems and was depressed upon seeing the devastating water. He could understand the intention of Brahma, and thus He spoke in deep, thoughtful words, removing all the illusion that had arisen.

_SB.3.9.27-28-Translation

After understanding the awkward condition of Gajendra, who had offered his prayers, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who lives everywhere, appeared with the demigods, who were offering prayers to Him. Carrying His disc and other weapons, He appeared there on the back of His carrier, Garuda, with great speed, according to His desire. Thus He appeared before Gajendra.

_SB.8.3.31-Translation

When the Mayavadi sannyasis at Varanasi criticized Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord's devotees became very much depressed. To satisfy them, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed His mercy to the sannyasis.

_CC: Madhya.25.5-Translation

"When My mind lost the association of Krsna and could no longer see Him, he became depressed and took up mystic yoga. In the void of separation from Krsna, he experienced ten transcendental transformations. Agitated by these transformations, My mind fled, leaving My body, his place of residence, empty. Thus I am completely in trance."

_CC: Antya.14.51-Translation

Salva began to address Krsna, "You rascal, Krsna! Look. This is Your father who has begotten You and by whose mercy You are still living. Now just see how I kill Your father. If You have any strength, try to save him." The mystic juggler, Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane. Lord Krsna is the self-sufficient Supreme Personality of Godhead, yet because He was playing the role of a human being, He became very depressed for a moment, as if He had actually lost His father. But at the next moment He could understand that the arrest and killing of His father were demonstrations of the mystic powers which Salva had learned from the demon Maya. Coming to His right consciousness, He could see that there was no messenger and no head of His father, but that only Salva had left in his airplane, which was flying in the sky. He then began to think of slaying Salva.

_Krsna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead Chapter 77-The Deliverance of Salva

Festival Lectures

Sri Gaura-Purnima

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.38

--

Mayapur, March 16, 1976

{small excerpt}

His Divine Grace Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada:

So after publishing three parts of readings(?), then automatically, Guru Maharaja gave me indication that "Now you can start for America." So some way or other, in 1965 I went to America, with great difficulty. But I took about two hundred sets of books. The customs clearance was done, I told them that "Oh, I am taking these books for distribution. Not for sale." Anyway, they passed, and with these books I reached America. And I was maintaining myself by selling these books for one year. There was no friend, and I was living in apartment with great difficulty. Still, the whole, I mean to say, stock, and my typewriter, my tape recorder--everything was stolen.

In this way, I became very much depressed, and I was going to the shipping company, "When the next ship is going for, going to India?" So they gave me such and such date. Then I thought, "Let me wait for some time more. Then I shall return back." I had return ticket, of course. There was no difficulty.

In this way, 1966, by selling these books, I had only $200, and I dared to take one apartment and storefront. Storefront one $125 per month, and apartment $75. So I had only $200 dollars. So I advanced him $200. I did not know how to pay next month's rent. So I started in 1966, lecturing in a storefront and living in that apartment in 26 Second Avenue. Then gradually, these boys, American boys and girls, began to come. And then I started my kirtana in Tompkinson Square. More and more, these younger Americans, they came to me, and things were organized. Then I registered this Krsna Consciousness Society under religious act of New York in 1966, and gradually people took interest.