IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Bill Hicks speaking of Hare Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"People say "Iraq had the fourth largest army in the world". Yeah, maybe, but you know what, after the first 3 largest armies, there's a REAL big . drop-off. The Hare Krishnas are the 5th largest army in the world, and they've already got all our airports."

Haha, some people would find that offensive, but seriosuly, this is a funny joke, and to have a sense of humor like this is one of the greatest gift krsna can give us.

Guest guest

Here is another great quote

I think it's interesting the two drugs that are legal - alcohol and cigarettes, two drugs that do absolutely nothing for you at all - are legal, and the drugs that might open your mind up to realise how you're being . every day of your life? Those drugs are against the law. Coincidence? See, I'm glad mushrooms are against the law, cos I took 'em one time, you know what happened to me? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours, going, 'My God, I love everything.' Yeah, now if that isn't a hazard to our countries...How are we gonna justify arms dealing if we know we're all one?

Bill Hicks

From official website:<blockquote>Bill Hicks Biography

by Paul Outhwaite

With American comedian Bill Hicks there was always an awareness of other people, of how our society links together. With this came an idealism and a vision of what the world could be. But first he had to slay all the "fevered egos" polluting the planet. He saw himself as a flame, Shiva The Destroyer, using comedy as a weapon to expose truths and show people how governments are screwing us every day of our lives. He also happened to be achingly funny such was the accuracy of his comedy. At the age of 13 Bill Hicks did his first gig. Six weeks before his death, aged 32, he did the last. In the intervening years he frequently did over 250 gigs a year.

</blockquote>