IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

" Your love for me will be shown by how much you cooperate after I am gone

Rate this topic

Srila Prabhupada said that 'your love for me will be shown by how much you cooperate after I am gone.'

What is the meaning of cooperation here in terms of keeping the mission from splintering and/or pushing on the preaching of ISKCON?

I don't think it is possiblr to prevent that splintering to some extent. People will want that and Supersoul will oblige.

The first thing would be to really love Prabhupada and then that cooperation will follow naturally.

We may try to forceothers to remain in the main body but such things are never accomplished by force. Our motive may appear good but if this is our attempt then perhaps we have already splintered ourselves despite external evidence to the contrary.

Love is the only genuine force.

John 15 NIV

8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

17 This is my command: Love each other.

I believe this to applicable to Srila Prabhupada's disciples as well.

Guest guest

***Srila Prabhupada said that 'your love for me will be shown by how much you cooperate after I am gone.'

It is principle parampara. Disciples SP needs cooperate - not create many sects for sence gratifications.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:

I came not so send peace, but a sword.

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his

father, and the daughter against her mother, and the

daughter in law against her mother in law.

"And a man's foes shall be they of his own

household."

- Matthew 10:34-36.