IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rathayatra in PUri

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"REGARDING THE RATHAYATRA PROCESSION"

So far additions for this years Rathayatra, you may make three Rathas, one for each of the Deities. The rest of the details are already there, simply you may may supply more money for festoons, decorations, flowers, bells, flags, etc. The Spiritual Sky is far away, but you just try to do it following Jagannatha Puri Rathayatra. Jagannatha Puri or wherever Rathayatra is performed is not different from the spiritual sky.

Regarding the Rathayatra procession in London, the procession should be made like this:

[.:::]

_______

I I

<---- [.:::] [.:::] [.:::] [.:::] l Ratha I [.:::]

I_______I

The arrangement is for seven kirtana parties, or if you do not have enough men, four parties. Each party must consist of seven men as follows: two mrdanga, four karatala, and one dancer. One of the karatala players is lead singer, and the dancer dances freely up and down between the two lines of players three on each side as in the drawing. If there are only four parties, the arrangement should be that one party is on each side, and in back and front of the Ratha:

_______

I I

<---- [.:::] I Ratha I [.:::]

I_______I

So the dancer should dance very freely, you may distribute Prasadam and especially distribute our literatures from a table on wheels for the purpose.

Hope this will meet you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

(Letters Feb. 14 & June 13, 1970)

“Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced down the main road in great ecstasy before Lord Jagannatha, the master of Nilachala, who was sitting on His car. Overwhelmed by the transcendental bliss of dancing and surrounded by Vaisnavas who sang the holy names, He manifested waves of ecstatic love of Godhead. When will Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu again be visible to my vision?”

(Srila Rupa Goswami CC Madhya-lila 13.207)