krsna Posted June 11, 2004 Report Posted June 11, 2004 This is from the rants of born-again Krishnites who because of their sentimental approach to Bhagavata dharma have made Srila Prabhupada's teachings fanatical to say the least.They have made Srila Prabhupada to be a Jesus Christ like figure and that all who accept him shall be saved from eternal damnation.Why? Quote
theist Posted June 11, 2004 Report Posted June 11, 2004 What is needed is meditation on the word accept. Have we *accepted* Christ or Prabhupada? Or are we confusing saluting at their image as accepting them? Perhaps when we really *accept* the devotee we will be granted the vision to see Him in a "multitude of forms", and we will be able to offer our respects there as well, without thinking we are traitors to the one truth or seeing others as misguided. Quote
AncientMariner Posted June 12, 2004 Report Posted June 12, 2004 I hope that Srila Prabhupada never gets stuck in that box that he is the only way to God. That is why I never could get interested in Christianity. I like Jesus a lot but his followers tend to be narrow minded and quite boring to associate with in my opinion and I have seen very few Christians that don't eat hamburgers. I am however of the opinion that Srila Prabhupada should be and is the only legitimate diksa guru of Iskcon. Quote
Guest guest Posted June 12, 2004 Report Posted June 12, 2004 but I've got to hand it to him. All said and done, he has managed to convince the 'rational, logical, objective' westerners that he is almost a god. He must've been very clever indeed. Or perhaps, westerners are too stupid. I am not sure which. Maybe, it is a combo of the two? Quote
Govindaram Posted June 12, 2004 Report Posted June 12, 2004 I am however of the opinion that Srila Prabhupada should be and is the only legitimate diksa guru of Iskcon. Lemme ask you a q' ahem was Iskcon founded on Gaudiya Vaishnavaism? If so what seperates it from Gaudiya Math? Next question why Prabhupada established Iskcon? Last q is easy if you don't even think about it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Quote
Guest guest Posted June 12, 2004 Report Posted June 12, 2004 "what seperates it from Gaudiya Math?" Prabhupada does. Iskcon is not Gaudiya Math. Iskcon is Prabhupada's organization. You need to study your history. You understand little. Quote
Govindaram Posted June 12, 2004 Report Posted June 12, 2004 You need to study your history. You understand little. What I said: was Iskcon founded on Gaudiya Vaishnavaism? If so what seperates it from Gaudiya Math? Now you may answer. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.