IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Accept Srila Prabhupada as your personal lord and saviour in order to be saved?

Rate this topic

This is from the rants of born-again Krishnites who because of their sentimental approach to Bhagavata dharma have made Srila Prabhupada's teachings fanatical to say the least.They have made Srila Prabhupada to be a Jesus Christ like figure and that all who accept him shall be saved from eternal damnation.Why?

What is needed is meditation on the word accept. Have we *accepted* Christ or Prabhupada? Or are we confusing saluting at their image as accepting them?

Perhaps when we really *accept* the devotee we will be granted the vision to see Him in a "multitude of forms", and we will be able to offer our respects there as well, without thinking we are traitors to the one truth or seeing others as misguided.

I hope that Srila Prabhupada never gets stuck in that box that he is the only way to God. That is why I never could get interested in Christianity. I like Jesus a lot but his followers tend to be narrow minded and quite boring to associate with in my opinion and I have seen very few Christians that don't eat hamburgers. I am however of the opinion that Srila Prabhupada should be and is the only legitimate diksa guru of Iskcon.

Guest guest

but I've got to hand it to him. All said and done, he has managed to convince the 'rational, logical, objective' westerners that he is almost a god. He must've been very clever indeed. Or perhaps, westerners are too stupid. I am not sure which. Maybe, it is a combo of the two?

I am however of the opinion that Srila Prabhupada should be and is the only legitimate diksa guru of Iskcon.

Lemme ask you a q' ahem was Iskcon founded on Gaudiya Vaishnavaism? If so what seperates it from Gaudiya Math?

Next question why Prabhupada established Iskcon?

Last q is easy if you don't even think about it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

"what seperates it from Gaudiya Math?"

Prabhupada does. Iskcon is not Gaudiya Math. Iskcon is Prabhupada's organization.

You need to study your history. You understand little.