IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Troubled Colleague

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A trouble colleague of mine went to see a Swamiji, who informed him that someone had done something to him to cause him to suffer and gave him instructions as to what to do to help him get better.

Is is possible for others to do this for whatever reason may it be jealousy, selfishness, hatred or just to be nasty and how is it that they get away with it, whilst the other poor innocent person suffers. Usually the suffering person is one who means no harm to anyone and would not do this to anyone, but others do it to them and seem to get away with it and increase their success further.

It would be better for the person causing the sufferring to suffer and realising this they would them stop their horrible actions.

Is this right and is there anything one can do to protect oneself from horrible things like this ?

Such things are possible. Jealousy selfishness and hatred cause people to act out against the well being of others all the time. They attack the physical bodies of others. sabotage them at work, destroy relationships, ruin reputations etc. Countless avenues are found.

These same pathological states can inspire someone to act directly against the subtle body of others and from a distance. Generally seen by us as voodoo, "black magic" etc. They employ certain metaphysical laws, which are neutral in themselves, in a destructive way.

This is not right and we can gain protection. Ultimately Supersoul is in charge and He is our protector. We should remember that it may just be a reaction to our own past misdeeds that have brought us to be such a victim and He may let it stand to teach us a lesson. In any case our only shelter is the Lord. He will see to our highest good if we remain at His lotus feet.

Remaining in the shelter of the Lord can be realized by always filling our consciousness with the Holy Names.

Hare Krsna

One swamiji told me Pitrins were messing with my mind, making my thought go here and there, he said I need to offer oblations, he said because I have a weak mind, they came to me, but also the side effect is it has ruined most of my life, but thats also my karma, so after I offer them this, all should be well.

Hare Krsna !!!

In this age the best remedy to counteract all kinds of evil spell etc.. from taking effect is chanting the holy name of the Lord -

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Ram Hare Ram

Ram Ram Hare Hare

The person who resorts to this kind of black magic/spell etc invariably suffer the same if not worse reaction later on in life themselves. I am saying this from personal experience - I mean know a person who did something like this and the person's son who was normal is now suffering a terrible mental illness.

There is always justice in this world, everybody has to suffer for their karma - just that we don't realize it.

But in any case Chanting is a sure way of protecting your self from all such nonsense and the easiest way for attaining the mercy of the Lord.

Hare Krsna !!!

from that Hairy fellow's mystic power.

Many Caribbean bhaktas were born into families who still practice Santariya, Voodoo etc.

They keep altars with so many candles, photos... something like Rosemary's Baby.

Notice the resemblance? Looked just like Mia, didn't he?

Tell him to stay away from such people (or whoever he suspects) and pray constantly. Do not take anything from them or have anything to do with them. Remember the saying 'what goes around comes around' Just like a boomerang! I do not think they'll get away with it : Every bad action you make you'll get a similar reaction, if not this life then the next or your kins will have to suffer... I come from a family where there's a lot of disputes, jealousy... It's no use dwelling on thoughts such as whether this person or that person is doing evil against you... It'll just make your life miserable: more stress, more fears/phobias...as if you didn't have enough! Just tell your friend to chant and the Lord will protect him. (Nrsimhadeva is good to pray to!) I do not want to make quick conclusions but there are a lot of bogus swamis that actually make things worse for you. Or take advantage of your vulnerability. Your friend should be very wary of them. Did you know that some actually do that to you so you would come running to them each time and spend more money...? So in the end, you end up with more problems than you had initially. Not all are like that but i know a few... And i do not see any good in harming someone else to teach them a lesson so they would stop... You cannot fight evil with evil...but only with Goodness! If not, it'll turn into a never-ending tug of war and your friend surely doesn't want that i suppose... And again, Nrsimhadeva protects against demons/asuras and you-name-it evil-doers...