IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Do Not Neglect Any Vaisnava

Rate this topic

Do Not Neglect Any Vaisnava

Krishna loves the nirupadhi Vaisnava who executes His service without being noticed by anyone. But, if he is neglected by other Vaisnavas, Krishna does not accept the service of such devotees. The following narration reminds us of this fact:

When a Raja Suya sacrifice conducted by Yudishthira Maharaj ended successfully, the bell which hung in the center of the arena was known to ring on its own accord. Once, however, after the Brahmanas finished all their offerings to the Supreme, the rishis, and the demigods, everyone looked towards the bell but nothing happened.

Desperate Yudishthira asked Krishna for help. He told them that they had worshipped all the great personalities but had neglected the simple humble Vaisnava. Arjuna knew one such devotee who lived in a straw hut outside Hastinapur. He went to bring him to the arena.

The Vaisnava was reluctant and only upon hearing that he would meet Krishna did he agree to go with Arjuna on his chariot. There he was worshipped by all and Draupadi cooked a feast for him.

He mixed all the different preparation together and ate with delight. Then he was taken back to his home and everybody looked towards the bell. Nothing happened. Yudishthira Maharaj was worried. There seemed to be no solution.

Again the last resort was Krishna. What mistake did we commit now?" Krishna told them, Somebody must have offended that Vaisnava." They asked all, but everyone denied it.

Finally, when they asked Draupadi she lowered her head and said, Yes , I offended him. I cooked a nice feast for him, but when he mixed all the preparations together I thought this devotee has no culture." Krishna confirmed that this was the offense.

The next day Arjuna went to the same devotee. Again, it was difficult to convince him to return but finally he could not reject Arjuna's pleading. He was worshipped and Draupadi cooked another, even bigger feast for him.

He mixed all the preparations together and as he ate the last morsel of food, the bell started to ring with great force and all the assembly rejoiced.

He appears to b destroying everything, even my prized possessions. How can I c all He does as transcendental? VRkAsura's benediction etc?

Or is my very own goat-head awaiting in the wings?