IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why do I feel like a scum bag for being a householder?

Rate this topic

Is it a sin to be a householder who takes care of a family,kids,etc...?

There seems to be a stigma attached to the word grhastha=one automatically fallen,cannot control his senses.

Why is that?

I've become disgruntled,bitter and marginalized by the general mass of devotees.Tossed out of the main body of saintly persons.

A persona non grata. All because I want to be a gentleman,marry and be civilized.All this is considered sinful in the eyes of learned transcendetalists?

God bless you prabhuji, krishnaji! It is not bad to be a grihasta! In fact, householders are the most important of all. Householders support all the other forms of life. Householders donate money to the temple, householders completely support religious life and society itself. From who else would the sannyasis ask biksham?

It is a very auspicious state to be married and have a family. That is why Lord Rama and Lord Krishna did the same when he came to earth. Of the famous dasavatara there are only two brahmins (Parasurama and Vamana) the rest are householding kshatriyas.

It is even recommended in most sampradayas that pujaris be married householders. This is preferred.

If someone is making you feel bad about being the most important link in the foodchain, then leave his association and come to people who understand.

Becoming Mahatma is easy and joyful

“This devotional service is not only easy, but it can be performed in a happy mood. One does not need to undergo any severe penance and austerity. He can live this life in devotional service, guided by an expert spiritual master, and in any position, either as a householder or a sannyasi, or a brahmacari; in any position and anywhere in the world, he can perform this devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus become actually mahatma, a great soul.”

From the purport of Bhagavad-gita 9.14

This is true

Religion is easy when you know the lord is looking after you, and that He is a loving Person full of karunya for His devotees.

Not because we are good devotees, but because He is overflowing with generosity and love.

Bhagavan Sri Krishna ki jai!

yes, what is this . ? being fallen because you're a householder, of course look for a better association if the devotees you see make you feel like that !!

my God, it is fanaticism ! and fanaticism is the root for falling down !

In the guise of a sannyasi was the only way some would take Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu seriously. I'm sure there were plodders in the Gaudiya Matha who saw Abhay Charan, AKA His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami as simply as householder, not part of the in-crowd, the inner cool, the cream of the cream. Such uninspired people never get past the words and idioms; you must show compassion to their hard hearts.