IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vanamali

Prayer of Sakkubai

Rate this topic

"Ranga, because of you I am carrying on with this shelterless life... If I do not see you, my mind will not be steady!

" Oh Krishna, won't you come to me, even in my dreams! Come and show me yourself, I cannot bear the separation.

"Take the essence of Vedas, convert it into a melodious music, fill it into the flute, and change it into a song Krishna! Sing the song, with lyrics filled with honey Mukunda, talk to me to the satisfaction of my mind

Sakkubai used to sing like that. One day, her mother-in-law gave her a big sack of rice and commanded that she grind all the rice into rice flour. Sakkubai grew very tired from the hours of rotating the manual grinder wheel.

"Ranga! For how long are these troubles? What for are these lives? Is there no justice? Why do you quarrel with me? Don't you have any compassion towards me? I am your servant, yes? or no? Is it appropriate for you to humiliate me?

"If I am truly your servant, why are these troubles for me? There must be some faults in me, that is why you are delaying. Let me know what my faults are and save me",

Sakkubai prayed thus. Then Ranga appeared, dressed exactly like Sakkubai and started doing all her household chores and sent Sakkubai to Pandharpur. As the story went, Mother-in-law and the rest of the family including her husband went to a festival at the temple of Panduranga in Pandharpur. Mother-in-law thought that grinding the rice into flour would keep Sakkubai busy until they returned. After Sakkubai fainted at the grinding wheel, Ranga came in the form of the Mother-in-law, woke her up, nourished her and sent her to Pandaripur. Then He assumed the form of Sakkubai and stayed in the house doing all the work. Sakkubai reached Pandaripur. She saw the idol of Ranga, forgot herself and walked straight into Him and merged while the mother-in-law and the rest of the family were watching in awe.

Posted Image

Sri Sri Panduranga-Rukmini