IndiaDivine.org

Views on hindu and muslim marriages

Rate this topic

Shamley

Hi

Wow i was searching the web for this exact topic...anyways i was wondering what do u guys think of hindu and muslim marriages, i already know from some threads but i was wondering if i could get more depth

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

My view on Hindu Muslim marriages is that people who want to talk about them should go somewhere else to do so. That is to say, not on a religious forum like this.

I for one am getting tired of hearing of the "romantic" exploits of today's confused youth.

it is an important question especially for those involved. Some leading Catholic recently came out and advised Catholic women not to marry Muslim men. So many problems.

Perhaps a review of the purpose behind the marriage would be helpful. Do you have the same spiritual goal? That is really what marriage is for. That is helping each other to attain love of God. Not enough to play Romeo and Juliet. Remember how it turned out for them.

What will you train the children to practice? I think they may be confused by the split in their parents.

I think you may already see the formidable problems ahead and may be looking for others to support you ignoring what your intution is telling you.

Guest guest

It's obvious there is no "spiritual goal" in mind with these individuals and their whiny, cry-baby "oh I'm in love with X but I am only Y" stories.

"Views on Hindu-Muslim marriages" is a very general topic. What exactly are you looking for?

Do you want to know what the scriptures of Hinduism and Islam say about this marriage?

Do you want to know what Hindus, in general, think about this?

Do you want to know what Muslims, in general, think about this?

Do you want to know what people of other religious beliefs think about this?

Do you want to know legal issues involved with this?

Do you want to know issues related to society involved in this?

Or, something else?

Guest guest

Hi its shamley here...umm i cant login i dont know why im having problems, anyways to answer your question what im looking for is:

Do you want to know what the scriptures of Hinduism and Islam say about this marriage?

Thats it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys..i was wondering if i could get some responses for these questions

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i need some opinons and answers to these questions

• 3 months later...

Well, I read your article about interfaith marriages in India but what about such marriages that take place in western society. There must be a world of difference with respect to the pressures of society. For example, in the states, a couple gets married and creates their own family, their own customs, and their own beliefs and traditions whereas in India, the woman does not marry to CREATE a new family, but rather marries to JOIN an already existant family.

Maybe we don't hear about those marriages because its a non-issue. It bothers me when people bring their experiences from a previous life to their new life and spread their toxic notions to an untainted society. These are the notions which potentiate ignorance, hate and racism.

I believe that interfaith marriages happen, not out of convenience like arranged marriages but out of love, the force which overcomes ALL differences. Love is light of God which serves to strengthen my spirituality and my faith in the most high.

• 2 weeks later...

Inter-faith marriages have better chances of working out here then back home. Here, the difference is not so loud because the two are in a society that is not totally hindu or muslim. Here, it is not a big deal if you are friends with a hindu are muslim. The chances are for an inter-faith marriage even come up are through friendships. It is likely that the couple would be friends and then pursue an initmate relationship. And honestly, people here are more concerned with other things than who is dating or marrying who. it is not a social taboo.

on the other hand, if you are in india/pakistan/bangladesh ect. an inter-faith relationship is more in your face and people will be attracted to it just because it would be the most interesting thing anyone has heard. Gossip plays a big part in society there. More importanly, it is a taboo there. that is what the biggest difference is.

really faith has nothing to do with whether a marriage is sucessful or not. if the couple is loving, mature, and respectful of one another, difference are not important. love is what will keep them together. it is give and take. but of course that is true in any marriage, but a little more important and essential in situations as these.