IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Can someone help?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have no idea what SP's teachings are, or even Vaishnavism. Can someone give me the basics, or point to some online texts. I dont want gita or anything as huge, because that's confused me before, I am looking for something fundamental because no matter what i do, i just dont get what this is all about. It is very elusive and I am not clear. Suddenly, I feel like I am understanding and the next minute, it is all a fog. Why is Krisha called god when he's the avatar of visnu? I assumed that god is formless, so how can it be personal and with form-because with form, it would be limited in time and space, and god cannot be limited, right? Can one talk to krishna, if he is a person? And so many other doubts....help.

if God has to be formless and impersonal isn't it limiting Him?

and the idea the God's form is limited to time and space is very naive as well. I would dare to guess that you dont even fully understand what time and space are...

It is a very deep subject and sages spend many years trying to develop good understanding of it. Why do you think there is a shortcut somewhere? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, stick around and place your questions one at a time and I'm sure you will get plenty of answers here (and some of them are bound to help you /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Basics:

God is formless and all-pervading but also has form. The aspect with form is more important because we can conceive of Him, we can relate to Him, and most importantly by setting our minds on Him and loving Him, we become able to serve Him. If we remember Him throughout life, and especially at the time of death, we will go to Him.

If we mess up during this life and aomehow after death we do not reach Him, we get another chance to make it up. This is reincarnation. We should be careful to try our best in this life though, because you never know what your situation could be in the next life (you could be better off - born in a family of devotees- or worse off- born in a family of evil people, or worse, depending on your past deeds.

According to ISKCON I believe that Krishna is considered THE definitive person through which all other incarnations emanate aka. "Supreme Personality of Godhead". (The way I was taught was a little different)

God is not limited to His form as Krishna. He can come in any form or no form, but Krishna is special. He is easily accessbile, and is a very loving God. He is all-attractive, with beautiful eyes, face, dress, etc. He has the power not only to kill demons, like other incarnations, but to transform them through mere contact with Him (Putana, for example).

But I cannot begin to explain the full glories of Krishna here. Basically I would advise you that if you don't have time to read the whole Gita, CHAPTER 12-Bhakti Yoga is the best place to start.

Can you talk to Krishna? Yes, you can. He is very accessible. You can even be His friend. Krishna is love overflowing, and once you get to know Him, you will become addicted to His presence just like I have!

Posted Image

Love and peace!

~vanamali