IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

"I don't have a perfect record :I've fallen down many times"

Rate this topic

So who gonna save me now?

Is Krishna lookin for a perfect record or a pure heart?

My record shows that I can't make to the exclusive elite club of paramhamsas(the swan-like devotees of the Lord who aspire for the life-saving sweet nectar of life :Hari-katha).

Isn't it better to be a repentent sinner than a holie-than- thou ecclisiastic?

My mind is not my mind,my senses are not my senses-why hasn't Krishna taken control of them since I've surrendered fully unto His lotus feet?

"On the other hand, one should not misunderstand that a devotee in transcendental devotional service can act in all kinds of abominable ways; this verse only refers to an accident due to the strong power of material connections.Devotional service is more or less a declaration of war against the illusory energy. As long as one is not strong enough to fight the illusory energy, there may be accidental falldowns. But when one is strong enough, he is no longer subjected to such falldowns, as previously explained. No one should take advantage of this verse and commit nonsense and think that he is still a devotee. If he does not improve in his character by devotional service, then it is to be understood that he is not a high devotee." (Bg. 9:30, purport)

"A bona fide spiritual master is in the disciplic succession from time eternal and he does not deviate at all from the instructions of the Supreme Lord." (Bhagavad-gita As It Is, 4.42, purport)

"There is no possibility that a first class devotee will fall down." (Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya, 22.71)

Srila Prabhupada: "Well, if he is bad, how can he become a guru? [Laughter.] How can iron become gold? Actually, a guru cannot be bad, for if someone is bad, he cannot be a guru. You cannot say "bad guru." That is a contradiction. What you have to do is simply try to understand what a genuine guru is. The definition of a genuine guru is that he is simply talking about God—that's all. If he's talking about some other nonsense, then he is not a guru. A guru cannot be bad. There is no question of a bad guru, any more than a red guru or a white guru. Guru means "genuine guru." (Science of Self-Realisation, Chapter 2)

"One should not become a spiritual master unless he has attained the platform of uttama-adhikari…Therefore a disciple should be careful to accept an uttama-adhikari as a spiritual master." (The Nectar of Instruction, text 5, purport)

"One should not misunderstand that a devotee in transcendental devotional service can act in all kinds of abominable ways. (Bhagavad-gita 9.30, purport)

"The pure devotee is always free from the clutches of Maya (illusion) and her influence." (Srimad-Bhagavatam, 5.3.14)

"When one has attained the topmost position of maha-bhagavata, he is to be accepted as a guru and worshipped exactly like Hari, the Personality of Godhead. Only such a person is eligible to occupy the post of a guru." (C.c. Madhya, 24.330, purport)

"The guru must be situated on the topmost platform of devotional service. There are three classes of devotees, and the guru must be accepted from the topmost class." (C.c. Madhya, 24.330, purport)

"A spiritual master is always liberated." (SP Letter to Tamal Krsna, 21/6/70)

"On the whole, you may know that he is not a liberated person, and therefore, he cannot initiate any person to Krsna Consciousness. It requires special spiritual benediction from higher authorities." (SP Letter to Janardana, 26/4/6

"Although Prthu Maharaja was factually an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he rejected those praises because the qualities of the Supreme Person were not yet manifest in him. He wanted to stress that one who does not actually possess these qualities should not try to engage his followers and devotees in offering him glory for them, even though these qualities might be manifest in the future. If a man who does not factually possess the attributes of a great personality engages his followers in praising him with the expectation that such attributes will develop in the future, that sort of praise is actually an insult." (S.B. 4.15.2, purport)

Aksayananda: I was recently told by one devotee that the acarya does not have to be a pure devotee.

Prabhupada: What?

Aksayananda: That the acarya does not have to be a pure devotee.

Prabhupada: Who is that rascal?

Aksayananda: Well, he said it. Who said it?

Prabhupada: Who said? Who is that rascal? The acarya does not require to be a pure devotee?

Aksayananda: He said it. Nitai said it. He said it in this context. He said that Lord Brahma is the acarya in the Brahma-sampradaya, but yet he is sometimes afflicted by passion. So therefore he is saying that it appears that the acarya does not have to be a pure devotee. So it does not seem right.

Prabhupada: So who is that rascal? I want to know who has said.

Aksayananda: Nitai. Nitai dasa.

Harikesa: Nitai said that?

Prabhupada: Who is Nitai dasa?

Harikesa: Our Nitai.

Aksayananda: Nitai.

Prabhupada: Oh, our Nitai? Oh.

Aksayananda: He said he couldn't understand it, but he thought, he said that he thought...

Prabhupada: He manufactured his idea. Therefore he's a rascal. Therefore he's a rascal. Nitai has become an authority?

Aksayananda: No, actually he said that he thought...

Prabhupada: He thought something rascaldom, and he is expressing that. Therefore he is more rascal. These things are going on. As soon as he reads some books, he becomes an acarya, whatever rascal he may be.

(Morning Walk, December 10, 1975, Vrindavan)