IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

Mind Occupies Space

Rate this topic

I luv this one…

Syamasundara dasa: The mind also occupies space and works in time.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes, we are occupying space, and since the mind is within us, the mind also occupies space. From practical experience we can understand that the mind can immediately travel thousands of miles with no difficulties.

Syamasundara dasa: But is that distance within me, or does my mind actually travel there?

Srila Prabhupada: It travels. It actually occupies space. Unless it occupies space, how could it travel? It travels so fast that you can't exactly remember how it is going, but as soon as it reaches its destination, you can apprehend it. In any case, it occupies space.

Syamasundara dasa: The mind can leave the body and go somewhere?

Srila Prabhupada: Not leave. It is just like a shoot: it extends. At night, when we are dreaming, the subtle body also extends and comes back again. In fact, we may take the subtle bodies in dreams to be very important at the time.

Hare Krsna.

This question is for all, so is this how people can know whats going on in other pasts of the world, like in X-files?

The Mind goes to this place, it makes sense now, but how can we do this? Would be fun, for a while.

I have heard many instances of people having intuitions and being able to do telepathy. This means that mind can definitely extend. I have read that some people are able to send some message to others by telepathy. This is quite possible. Of course, if Einstein's theory of relativity is correct, then the message can be sent at a speed at most the speed of light in free space. But that is also pretty fast. If the message can be sent via a path which involves some hyper dimension, then the message can reach there earlier than light would reach there through normal path. And it would not violate the theory of relativity!

If the message can be sent via a path which involves some hyper dimension, then the message can reach there earlier than light would reach there through normal path.

--

Is that the 'Speed of Mind', I would like to see you calculate..-:)