IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

am i wrong?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am in love with a devotee is there any thing wrong in it?

i am also a devotee

Guest guest

Don't worry about this. Too many devotees have an immature, reductionist view of the world. They think it is logical but it is simply folly. What it does is create an inherent self-loathing and hatred of the world.

There is an old example of the scientist trying to describe a flower. The scientist describes the flower as "Being made of 50 mg of carbon, 10 grams of phosphate, 10% chlorophyl. It has a subcutaneous layer of tissues that enable cellular transmissions of a liquid type substance. Its shape is a circular type object based on fibonacci numbering systems and is non-abrasive to the touch."

Okay. Nice description of the flower there isn't it. It really is logical but misses the point. Others do the same with humanity (look, they are just made up of bones, blood, urine and muscles). It is illogical reductionism. It assumes that we are simply the sum of our parts. Don't have this self-loathing that you can't love someone. Try to center your relationship around God but don't feel conflicted.

Its natural to be in love. But Krsna should be the center of the relationship. As you both grow in Krsna consciousness you will see those warm feelings directed to the real object of your love,the real person, the soul, rather than the body. That is if you keep Krsna in the center.

Guest guest

Is that devotee you are in love with, married? If that's the case its absolutely wrong.

Guest guest

i am in love with a devotee is there any thing wrong in it?

i am also a devotee

2 years down the line u will realize u made a bad bargain. Then u will find things u never thought would happen in a relationship.

Better Love Krishna. He is a safe choice.

I have seen many people get married in ISKCON and then try to act like they are renounced or something by ignoring and being rather cold to their spouse.

Public displays aside, doesn't not having feelings of affection towards each other seem kinda odd?

Get married and have some Krsna conscious kids if you want to.

Artifical renuciation sucks just like being overly attached.

Guest guest

krishna is the best choice there is no doubt about it but whilen i am here in this material world and being a girl i have to get married no other option,so is it wrong if i choose the person to whom i would like to get married to? i am a devotee and i have chosen to marry a devotee whom i like so am i wrong in thinking like this? am i going against lord krishna's will?

---> krishna is the best choice there is no doubt about it but whilen i am here in this material world and being a girl i have to get married no other option,so is it wrong if i choose the person to whom i would like to get married to? i am a devotee and i have chosen to marry a devotee whom i like so am i wrong in thinking like this? am i going against lord krishna's will?

No you are not wrong. However this was just an advice from my own experience. When I was in your position, I was also thinking like you.... But your case may not turn up like mine, but it generally does so because it is the material world.... You better marry this person you like because choosing Krishna needs a fairly intense desire from the heart otherwise your won't be able to follow through

Guest guest

First find out if he is interested in marriage or married life ?

Many devotees are NOT interested in marriage, married life and having children etc. So first casually try to get his views on marriage and if he is interested in marriage. If he is not interested in marriage itself (not u) , then stop it that. I don't think you should go any further with your thoughts or any action.

If he is interested in married life ask him if he is looking or what would he seek in his partner. This will give him enough hints that you are interested.

If you feel shy/ odd approaching try finding these out from somebody around him or somebody who knows him well.

Hope things work out nicely for you.

Hare Krsna !!!

Guest guest

thanks a lot for ur reply

but i am really feeling very guilty about this

what will the lord think about me?am i falling?

Guest guest

i am really feeling very guilty about this

what will the lord think about me?

---the lord will think that you are not accepting the advice of devotees that say that you have not to feel guilty

am i falling?

––everyone's falling.. otherwise we were in vaikunta

It's okay, don't worry. If you get married, just try to see Krishna in your husband whenever possible, and try to worship Krishna in this respect. If you find that your attachment for your husband is becoming very strong, this is a great opportunity for you to transfer that passion to Krishna.

There is nothing wrong with being a householder. The world revolves because of householders- they support the other sectors and the temple with much-need financial support. Nothing wrong with being a householder whatsoever. Krishna consciousness is what Pujya Prema Pandurang calls "the progress of the pronoun" from I to Him, mine to His. That's all. When you get married, realize that, okay, this person is my husband, and this is an important relationship, but the relationship with Krishna is the permanent relation. Relationships with people in the world come and go; and not just with death. People fight over stupid things in the world, make relations and break relations very easily. But you are Krishna's and Krishna is yours from birth to birth, for eternity.

So if he is agreeable, you can do it. Just keep your mind and heart under your (really Krishna's) control and you will be just fine devi.

~Vanamali

---> i am really feeling very guilty about this

what will the lord think about me?am i falling?

Does this look like a guy who would think badly of such a sweet girl as you who obviously cares about Him so much?

Posted Image

Guest guest

thank you so much dear vanamali,just pray for me that krishna shows me the right way and i make the correct deccision.hare krishna

Gee, this is my desktop.........

Posted Image

ayi nanda-tanuja kinkaram

patitam mam visame bhavambudhau

krpaya tava paada-pankaja

sthita-dhuli-sadrsam vicintaya

"Oh, My Lord, O Krsna, son of Maharaja Nanda, I am Your eternal servant, but because of My own fruitive acts, I have fallen in this horrible ocean of nescience. Now please be causelessly merciful to Me. Consider Me a particle of dust at Your lotus feet."

Caitanya Shikshashtakam 5