IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Will Krishna ever give you a test that you can't pass?

Rate this topic

I'm really being put under the gun lately.Tests,trials and tribulations from within and without.Devotees,non-devotees,family.friends,children,enemies-they all seem to be conspiring against me-to bring or drag me down. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's almost like Krishna is trying to break me by giving me one test after another with no time to breathe or catch up. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Why is Krishna doing this to me? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

"Why is Krishna doing this to me?"

So you will have no choice but to surrender. It's called "special mercy". Just keep chanting and praying, in front of the dieties if you can. It will all pass and you'll be the better for it. We all go through the same kind of things, whether seen as tests or whatever, over and over again. The sword becomes strong and able to hold a sharp edge by repeated tempering. Pressure turns dark sooty coal into clear sparkling diamonds...

are you sure it is Krishna who is causing all these problems for you? Most of the time our problems stem from our actions (or inactions). we should always pray to Krishna for help but we must look at our own actions first. good luck with your load of problems! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sri Sri Siksastakam Verse 8:

"I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally."

===

No idea what the above means, but it could help, what do you think?

Although bereft of his riches, fallen from his original position, defeated and arrested by his enemies, rebuked and deserted by his relatives and friends, although suffering the pain of being bound and although rebuked and cursed by his spiritual master, Bali Maharaja, being fixed in his vow, did not give up his truthfulness. It was certainly with pretension that I spoke about religious principles, but he did not give up religious principles, for he is true to his word.

PURPORT

Bali Maharaja passed the severe test put before him by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is further proof of the Lord's mercy toward His devotee. The Supreme Personality of Godhead sometimes puts a devotee to severe tests that are almost unbearable. One could hardly even live under the conditions forced upon Bali Maharaja. That Bali Maharaja endured all these severe tests and austerities is the mercy of the Supreme Lord. The Lord certainly appreciates the devotee's forbearance, and it is recorded for the future glorification of the devotee. This was not an ordinary test. As described in this verse, hardly anyone could survive such a test, but for the future glorification of Bali Maharaja, one of the mahajanas, the Supreme Personality of Godhead not only tested him but also gave him the strength to tolerate such adversity. The Lord is so kind to His devotee that when severely testing him the Lord gives him the necessary strength to be tolerant and continue to remain a glorious devotee.

SB 8.22.31 and purport

Thank you all for you KC replys

I 'll continue prayin and chantin

for the long run to go to Krishna.

"My dear Krsna, O infallible and most beautiful one,

any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form and pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame and qualities;

thus all his material pangs subside,

and he fixes Your form in his heart.

Through such transcendental love for You,

he sees You always within himself;

and by this process all his desires become fulfilled.

Similarly, I have heard of Your transcendental qualities. I may be shameless in expressing myself so directly,

but You have captivated me and taken my heart."

(Srimati Rukminidevi :Krsna Book 1.51)

Posted Image

My very own kuruksetra battle that i have to take part in.

Alas,let me be on Krishna's winning side.

-----------------

TEXT 36

arjuna uvaca

atha kena prayukto ’yam

papam carati purushah

anicchann api varsneya

balad iva niyojitah

TRANSLATION

Arjuna said: O descendant of Vrishni, by what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force?

PURPORT

A living entity, as part and parcel of the Supreme, is originally spiritual, pure, and free from all material contaminations. Therefore, by nature he is not subject to the sins of the material world. But when he is in contact with the material nature, he acts in many sinful ways without hesitation, and sometimes even against his will. As such, Arjuna’s question to Krishna is very sanguine, as to the perverted nature of the living entities. Although the living entity sometimes does not want to act in sin, he is still forced to act. Sinful actions are not, however, impelled by the Supersoul within, but are due to another cause, as the Lord explains in the next verse.

TEXT 37

sri-bhagavan uvaca

kama esa krodha esa

rajo-guna-samudbhavah

mahasano maha-papma

viddhy enam iha vairinam

TRANSLATION

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material mode of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world.

PURPORT

When a living entity comes in contact with the material creation, his eternal love for Krishna is transformed into lust, in association with the mode of passion. Or, in other words, the sense of love of God becomes transformed into lust, as milk in contact with sour tamarind is transformed into yogurt. Then again, when lust is unsatisfied, it turns into wrath; wrath is transformed into illusion, and illusion continues the material existence. Therefore, lust is the greatest enemy of the living entity, and it is lust only which induces the pure living entity to remain entangled in the material world. Wrath is the manifestation of the mode of ignorance; these modes exhibit themselves as wrath and other corollaries. If, therefore, the mode of passion, instead of being degraded into the mode of ignorance, is elevated to the mode of goodness by the prescribed method of living and acting, then one can be saved from the degradation of wrath by spiritual attachment.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead expanded Himself into many for His ever-increasing spiritual bliss, and the living entities are parts and parcels of this spiritual bliss. They also have partial independence, but by misuse of their independence, when the service attitude is transformed into the propensity for sense enjoyment, they come under the sway of lust. This material creation is created by the Lord to give facility to the conditioned souls to fulfill these lustful propensities, and when completely baffled by prolonged lustful activities, the living entities begin to inquire about their real position.

This inquiry is the beginning of the Vedanta-sutras, wherein it is said, athato brahma jijnasa: one should inquire into the Supreme. And the Supreme is defined in Srimad-Bhagavatam as janmady asya yato ’nvayad itaratas ca, or, “The origin of everything is the Supreme Brahman.” Therefore the origin of lust is also in the Supreme. If, therefore, lust is transformed into love for the Supreme, or transformed into Krishna consciousness—or, in other words, desiring everything for Krishna—then both lust and wrath can be spiritualized. Hanuman, the great servitor of Lord Rama, exhibited his wrath by burning the golden city of Ravana, but by doing so he became the greatest devotee of the Lord. Here also, in Bhagavad-gita, the Lord induces Arjuna to engage his wrath upon his enemies for the satisfaction of the Lord. Therefore, lust and wrath, when they are employed in Krishna consciousness, become our friends instead of our enemies.

TEXT 38

dhumenavriyate vahnir

yathadarso malena ca

yatholbenavrto garbhas

tatha tenedam avrtam

TRANSLATION

As fire is covered by smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, the living entity is similarly covered by different degrees of this lust.

PURPORT

There are three degrees of covering of the living entity by which his pure consciousness is obscured. This covering is but lust under different manifestations like smoke in the fire, dust on the mirror, and the womb about the embryo. When lust is compared to smoke, it is understood that the fire of the living spark can be a little perceived. In other words, when the living entity exhibits his Krishna consciousness slightly, he may be likened to the fire covered by smoke. Although fire is necessary where there is smoke, there is no overt manifestation of fire in the early stage. This stage is like the beginning of Krishna consciousness. The dust on the mirror refers to a cleansing process of the mirror of the mind by so many spiritual methods. The best process is to chant the holy names of the Lord. The embryo covered by the womb is an analogy illustrating a helpless position, for the child in the womb is so helpless that he cannot even move. This stage of living condition can be compared to that of the trees. The trees are also living entities, but they have been put in such a condition of life by such a great exhibition of lust that they are almost void of all consciousness. The covered mirror is compared to the birds and beasts, and the smoke-covered fire is compared to the human being. In the form of a human being, the living entity may revive a little Krishna consciousness, and, if he makes further development, the fire of spiritual life can be kindled in the human form of life. By careful handling of the smoke in the fire, fire can be made to blaze. Therefore the human form of life is a chance for the living entity to escape the entanglement of material existence. In the human form of life, one can conquer the enemy, lust, by cultivation of Krishna consciousness under able guidance.

“Declaring war on the illusory energy” Srila Prabhupada said.

Prabhupada:

“When we accept any self-realization process,

it is practically declaring war against the illusory energy, maya.

So when there’s a question of maya or a question of fight or war there will be so many difficulty imposed by maya, that is certain.

Therefore there is a chance of failure.

But one has to become very steady.”

(Lect Bg. 6.35-45 Feb. 20, 1969)