IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

TALE OF BAALI AND SUGREEV

Rate this topic

TALE OF BAALI AND SUGREEV

Posted Image

Sugreev replied-

"Once Brahma removed the smear from his eyes and threw it down on the earth. A monkey appeared from that smear. The monkey was very restless, naughty and as powerful as Brahma himself. Brahma named the monkey as Riksharaj and instructed it to wander in the forest and kill any demon he found. That monkey, following the command of Brahma, went to the forest. He used to eat the fruits and whenever he found any demon, he killed him at once.

Once the monkey saw a well in the beautiful ambience of the forest. Curiously, he peeped in the well and saw his own reflection. He mistook it for another monkey and jumped into the well to fight him. But as soon as the monkey touched the water, it transformed into a beautiful lady."

Later on, Indra visited that place and he also curiously peeped in the well. He was so infatuated by the enchanting beauty of that lady, that his semen ejaculated spontaneously and fell on the hair (BAAL) of the lady and thus Baali was born. Subsequently, Surya too came there and getting infatuated by her beauty that he too ejaculated on the neck (Greeva) of the lady. Thus I was born.Then the monkey left the body of lady and got retransformed into 'Riccharaj'. He carried both of us to Lord Brahma. Lord Brahma instructed both of us to go to Kishkindha Mountain, where we would meet you.We were very pleased. We came to the Kishkindha Mountain. We used to kill the demons - the enemies of the deities.

The demon Maaya had two mighty and powerful sons, Maayaavi and Dundabhi. In a fight, Baali killed Dundabhi in the hermitage of sage Matang on this very mountain, where I live presently. Dundabhi's brother Maayaavi had sworn to avenge the killing of his brother, so one day, he arrived at the gate of our palace at midnight and challenged Baali for a fight. Baali accepting his challenge came out, but the enemy ran away. Baali chased him. Maayaavi then for a distance hid in a cave. Baali too followed him into the cave. But before entering he cave, he instructed me to wait outside for fifteen days. He also said that if he did not come out of the cave after fifteen days, I would understand that he (Baali) had been killed.

I waited for Baali for one month. Suddenly, one day, I saw blood flowing out of the cave. Thinking that the enemy must have killed Baali, I put a huge boulder at the mouth of the cave and came ot the palace. When I returned to Pampapuri, people crowned me as the king. But Baali was alive. When he returned, he was furious to see that I was occupying his throne as the king. He beat me very badly and drove me out. He even enslaved my wife. Since that day I have been living in hiding. I live at Rishiyamooka Mountain because Baali cannot come here because of the curse of sage Matang. But still his fear haunts me."

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Shri Dhuupa theerthaya Namaha

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Shri Guru Raghavendraya Namaha

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Namo Venkatesaya Namaha

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Krishna