IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

HANUMAN MEETS SRI RAMA

Rate this topic

HANUMAN MEETS SRI RAMA

[image]http://www.pujyaya.org/pics/imgdhugram.jpeg[/image]

Sri Rama proceeded further from Panchavati and reached Rishiyamook Mountain. Sugreev, the younger brother of simian king Baali lived there with his minister Jambvant and associate Hanumana. The mountain was so named because the sages and the hermits used to perform penance and austerity silently. When Sugreev came to know about the incomparable powers of Sri Rama and Laxmana, he sent Hanumana to find out whether they had been sent by Baali or not.

In the guise of a Brahmin, Hanumana went to Sri Rama and Laxmana and greeting them, asked-

"O Lord, who are both of you, please let me know. I see that you are Kshatriya by appearance. But the terrain here is very hard and rough and your feet are so tender. O lord, what are the reasons that make you wander at this desolate spot."

"O lord, are you one of those three deities? Are you Nar-Narayan? Have you taken your incarnation to relieve the earth from the sinners and evil doers?"

Sri Rama replied with a smile-

"Writings on the wall of destiny are indelible. Nobody can erase that. We are the sons of Dashrath, the king of Ayodhya. We have accepted to live in the forest because of our father's command. My name is Rama and my brother's name is Laxmana. My wife Sita was also with us but a demon Ravan abducted and taken her to an unknown place. We are wandering in the forest in search of her. We have introduced ourselves, now we are curious to know about your identity." Hanumana was very pleased when he came to know about their identity. He fell on the feet of Sri Rama. He replied-

"O Lord! If I was unable to recognize you, it was appropriate but how come you did not recognize me? I could not recognize you because of your illusionary powers and also because I am influenced by attachment. Moreover having born as a monkey, my heart is filled up with ignorance."

Sri Rama embraced Hanumana. His eyes filled up with tears.

Sri Rama then said-

"Hanumana do not curse yourself. You are dear to me like Laxmana. I am the most passionate for the devotees." Hanumana then requested Sri Rama to meet Sugreev and to bless him.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Ram

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Hanuman

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Shri Guru Raghavendraya Namaha

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Shri Dhuupa Theerthaya Namaha