IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sudhaya

Funny story

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna,

Just to relate a a story, i met a sai 'afro' baba devotee on-line, and chat went to he can produce ashes, I said KRSNA lifted Govadhana hill, can't really compare can you?

So he said can you {meaning me} produce ashes, I though for a while how to reply... and said

I can produce stool, so whats your point? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

its funny because people think that someone produces ashes he is god. Krsna created universes,killed demons as an infant,created universes at a glimse of his lotus eyes. Now if sai "afro" baba could lift the gorvardhan hill with his pinky then that would be impressive but he cant even stop himself from getting old.

There are so many gurus in india with siddhis and they dont claim to be god. Why does "afro(you know u stole that from me right)baba claim to be god.

Have you seen that afro and that face. How would u want to spend eternity with him. If he were god he would have a better hair style.

Hare Krsna.

Guest guest

Jimi is turnin in his grave. But I can produce ashes, no problem. All I need is a reefer. Oh, he can do it without the reefer. Oh, I guess he is god then.

But maybe his hair do is what the rastas call "nasty dreadlocks*". Ya know, as in never washed and things hidin in there, dyin, producin ashes?

(*Note, real dreadlocks are very clean, real rastafarians have very clean habits.)

Aw, were not vurry reshpectfool, but the dudes a clown, a farce. I wont even slam Ramm Dass on another topic, because at leasst he has a tad bit of self depreciation humility, not this ass producing nonsense.

(Did I misspell, or did he, maybe afro was producing an ass). mahax

Guest guest

Sai baba is not God. If he is God, then he would hear me right now and end the evil war in Iraq , end the evil North Korean regime and end world hunger etc.

But he only helps some villages in India. He is doing good things, but that does not mean he can claim that he is God almighty.

He has a material body, He has no qualities of God. God has to be most beautiful, God should not be from this material plane and God said he would come back at a scheduled time again which has not come about yet. So sai baba is not God.

Does anyone know here that he broke his leg once? Now if he is God, why would he break his leg? Stop being so ignorant.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard Prabhupada also had miraculous powers but that does not mean he claimed himself to be God. Gandhi also had miraculous powers. In one of his diaries, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, who is a close friend of Gandhi states that He has seen Gandhi bring trees back to life after they were cut and made plants grow out of ground with his mere sight, but Gandhi never claimed that he was God. With control of your mind, you can achieve mystic powers, but that does not mean that you are God.

-Sam

Hare Krsna !!!

Why do we have to stoop to this level of degradation ?

Vaishanava philosophy is supposed to be looking beyond our external bodily features of birth, race, gender, wealth, facial features, hair styles and instead focus on identifying the soul as the true self and work towards reestablishing our personal relationship with the Supreme Lord - Shri Krishna – then how come these ‘Vaishnavas’ feel no qualms in making crude remarks about others physical appearance ? What kind of hypocrisy is this ?

I mean no offense to anybody here but I have seen this sort of behavior (personal attacks on the basis of looks) way too often and its time somebody spoke about this.

Why can’t devotees make their point in a more objective manner instead of resorting to attacking others looks and hairstyle ? Should we not argue our philosophy in such a way that even a person who is opposed to our beliefs should be attracted to it. If we see a problem in others philosophy or belief – we should oppose it on the basis of Shastras, Vedas , Upanishads, Puranas or other scriptures - we have studied.

Srila Prabhupad has provided us with a wealth of books we can use for this purpose.

Hare Krsna!!!

But its interesting to point out, that their is no comparrison to the Trancendental beauty of KRSNA,

so, in joking devotees were mocking, sai'afro'baba, for his claim that he is god, Thiestji pointed out it was 8 grade humour, {the best in my opinion, without any harshness}.

But there you go.

Guest guest

Hare Krsna !!!

Why do we have to stoop to this level of degradation ?

Vaishanava philosophy is supposed to be looking beyond our external bodily features of birth, race, gender, wealth, facial features, hair styles and instead focus on identifying the soul as the true self and work towards reestablishing our personal relationship with the Supreme Lord - Shri Krishna – then how come these ‘Vaishnavas’ feel no qualms in making crude remarks about others physical appearance ? What kind of hypocrisy is this ?

I mean no offense to anybody here but I have seen this sort of behavior (personal attacks on the basis of looks) way too often and its time somebody spoke about this.

Why can’t devotees make their point in a more objective manner instead of resorting to attacking others looks and hairstyle ? Should we not argue our philosophy in such a way that even a person who is opposed to our beliefs should be attracted to it. If we see a problem in others philosophy or belief – we should oppose it on the basis of Shastras, Vedas , Upanishads, Puranas or other scriptures - we have studied.

Srila Prabhupad has provided us with a wealth of books we can use for this purpose.

Hare Krsna!!!

Exactly! Any group that actually enjoys defining itself by demeaning and outright mocking of others is not one I would choose to associate with, were the choice mine. Sadly, those who least deserve love usually need it the most. Guess that's the challenge, right?

Guest guest

Rastafari's think the easy yoga in kaly yuga is smoke Ganja.

We'll be forever loving Jha, we're waiting for the Great Exodus in His One Love.

Almighty God is a livin' man.

You can't mede a petition to The lord with PRAYERS!

All you need is love, give peace a chance

Guest guest

Haribol, guest. I myself, a long-time devotee of Lord Krsna, have great respect for the genuine rastafarians. In fact, many of the musicians I have come to know from my volunteerr work at an annual reggaefest in Duncan BC, are some of the finest "devotees" I have met. Some take the ganja smokin and dismiss them, but few know that there is a strictness in true adherants that even renounces the ganja. A true rastafarian is a strict vegetarian, believe that God is a personal friend, regard Heile Selasie as a preceptor to the True God (and those who have read the Lion of Judah, King of Ethiopias words can see his devotion to the personal God, separate, yet one with the Son, Lord Jesus Christ).

As with all, pretenders abound, those who may emphasize the Ganja as a party drug rather than the ritual medicine. My favorite reggae group (person) who epitomizes the rasta culture is Ras Michael, an ascetic in his own right. Peter Tosh was a bit political, but this giant of a man was also quite humble and mild. The poetry from the rastafarians, especially the sisters, is so potent and valuable. Sistah Breeze, Sistah Carol, Judy Mowatt, to name a few. I could go on, but trying to be brief to show how influence of the righteous human beings devoted to the Supreme Being is not a bad thing.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Also, in my discussions with many of them, they never disregarded Krsna, in fact, were quite excited to hear more and more, which I cannot say about others of the Christian bent. I never heard disrespect from any rastafarian toward Krsna, and believe me, I gave them much opportunity with my constant yakkin about Him.

Guest guest

Yes, I have shown disrespect toward this satya sai baba dude. He denies the existance of God by clearly telling those who unfortunately hear from him that he is god. God is all attractive, including his form, and if someone is repulsive, only does stupid magic, speaks only gobbldy gook, he is dog, not god. Gaudiya Vaisnavas may be particularly rough against this person because he has the audacity to proclaim himself the golden avatar, a direct affront to Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

This aint childish disrespect based on bodily infirmity, it is showing him for the dog he is. Pervert as well. Its not eighth grade humor, it is intelligent exposure of frauds.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

"God is all attractive, including his form, and if someone is repulsive, only does stupid magic, speaks only gobbldy gook, he is dog, not god. Gaudiya Vaisnavas may be particularly rough against this person because he has the audacity to proclaim himself the golden avatar, a direct affront to Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu."- Mahakdasa

For the starving peasantry in India, the guy who feeds them is God. For them, they waited for rain, but that did not come. This dog here has given them food and says he is God, so he IS God for them. They will not listen to Mahaprabhu. Feeding their hungry stomachs is more important for them than trying to gain knowledge or trying to gain self realization. It is as simple as that. Food is equal to God.

He gets support from the foreigners because of the strong belief of Indians that he is their God, which ofcourse is true for them.

-Sam

Guest guest

Haribol, sam, I accept what you say. Im not arrogant to the plight of the needy.

However, bhagavad gita, while recognizing that four types of folks inquire into the reality of the self include the needy, the miserable, the inquisitive and the wise, only the wise will continue the quest for self realization. The needy immediately give up once their needs are fulfilled. The bolshiveks, as the popular story goes, told the peasanrts to pray to god for food, and no food came. Then they said ask the state, and they were fed, and they all became atheistic communists.

So, the needy come to god, this is a fact. But if they are lied to, are their needs really met? Feeding the hungry is noble, but the benefactor is not necessarily god.

The key is to become wise while our hunger is taken care of, our misery subsides, and our mental inquiries are satisfied. The Bhagavad gita confirms that only the wise will stick to the quest of self realization.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Why so much disrepect towards Shri Sathya Sai ?

Is that a sign of great wisdom or a pure Vaishnava ?

Come on...!