IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

lsd

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used to be a complete atheised, people that told me they belived in god, i used to make fun of them and tell them if there is a god, why the . are we suffering, why cant he come down here and just show himself

well I then started to do alot of psi mushrooms and acid (acid came a littel later on) I started to realize that there is more then just the human brain and bunch of chemicals randomly hitting eachother to created, thoughts, feelings, wills.

I started to belive that our bodys are bottles floating in a ocean of water, inside the bottle is the same water that is in the ocean,

the water inside the bottle is our consiciouness, inside the bottle it forms the shape of a bottle, so it really depends on the bottle

what shapen this water will have, but once it gets leaked, it will just go back where it came from, to the ocean, which is god.

I started to read the baghvad gita (which is on the front page now on totse.com which is really great) got myself into taoism and now

im studing buddha. I belive that our life is controled my a higher force that is kinda like a check&balance system, in other words, karma. If we do something bad, we will suffer the consquences, if we do something good, we will suffer the consquences, and so it goes on, and depending on your karma, at the end of your own bodys time, you will be send to the body and place you belong too. You might travel to a planet wiht 10000 chicks and all wanting you because you did some nice stuff in your life. Or maybe ull be send back to this life as a ant, because when you where a small child u used to kill all ants with a passion. Or maybe you'll go to a lower planet then this, and burn in flames for years and years.

I will never read chrstianity because, the bible has been lost from is original text, it has been changed around to fit today societys needs.

Is now much more of a guilt trip, (IF YOU DO THIS YOU'LL GO TO HELL) god will never send you to hell, you are his kid, but just like any other kid, you will need to learn (even if it means spanking you)

God has everything planned out perfectly, and everything will happen when its suppose to happen, this is why you took a left instead

of a right, is because is all planned out.

.... and other drugs helped a lot of people to understand spiritual truths... so there's probably goal... People who are using drugs are searching for a higher taste, as spiritual seekers... and i wish all the junkies to realize that spiritual truths are higher and uncomparable to the drug use...

good luck on your path, go ahead.... spiritual realization is greater that all this drugs, but the path is not as easy as taking a pill and forget everything...

please chant the maha mantra !! Hare Krsna !!

Sunanda dasa

to mine in some ways. I had become so much of an atheist that I never discussed the topic or even thought about it. LSD and other pyschedelic compounds helped open me up. Eventually I have adopted the Hare Krsna mantra. After chanting for a little time I started to feel like drugs were taking me backwards. The chanting is complete in itself. But you don't need to stop drugs before starting to chant.

We can chant from any position in life. It does not depend on belief. Just chant.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Here you will find the Gita and many other books on-line. After going to a particular chapter if you click on the underlined verse you will go to the original sanskrit and commentary by AC Bhaktivedanta Swami.

Bookmark this one.

http://www.vedabase.net

Guest, you must read his book called BE HERE NOW. It should be in any library. It is easy reading.

Dr. Richard Alpert travelled with his associate, Dr. Timothy Leary (the psychodelic sixties LSD guru) to the Himalayas where they administered acid to yogis. The yogis said, "Medicine is good, but meditation is better".

Alpert was intrigued and stayed behind to learn more. This gave rise to the book's subtitle, "The transformation of Dr. Richard Alpert into Baba Ram Das".

The book is more a scribbling of notes and drawings than a heavy read. But it is heavy, my brother. The Baba's advice to hang out with the Bhagavad-gita later set my feet on a path that has fascinated me for thirty years.

The drug experiences were only to shake you out of your complacency, giving a hint that there is more to life than "Leave It To Beaver" and "Scooby-Doo".

Guest guest

If you think about it, god wants us to use this pshydeliica drug, or else he would have never created it and we would never had a chance to use it.

So if you do have lsd, or mushrooms in front of you right now, be glad and happy, that god choose you to hold this for you in front of you, he dident want you to get caught, and he truly wants you to have them in front of you, or else there are 10000 million things that can go wrong in process of getting this psi drugs.

joke?

If you think about it, god wants us to use this pshydeliica drug, or else he would have never created it and we would never had a chance to use it.

So if you do have lsd, or mushrooms in front of you right now, be glad and happy, that god choose you to hold this for you in front of you, he dident want you to get caught, and he truly wants you to have them in front of you, or else there are 10000 million things that can go wrong in process of getting this psi drugs.

And if someone places a hamburger in front of you I suppose that God wanted that cow slaughtered for you so you should eat the hamburger.

Ever see a peyote button? That white fuzzy stuff on the outside of it is strychnyne. Is that God telling us not to take it?

is a far more polite word for this than I was thinking!!

I also thought of the beef example and hey, there is a gun - This is God telling us to shoot everything that moves.

Someone needs to read Bhagavad Gita As It Is and get a better understanding of God, the encased spirit soul and freewill.

Guest guest

"Shook some of us up more than others..."

Seems some are still being shaken, not stirred...

Before I read Theist ji's example of hamburger, I was thinking of the example of gun. Even after reading his post, I was thinking of this example only.

Shows my violent side? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Srila Prabhupada in San Francisco and Beyond

Posted Image

Early in 1967, several of Srila Prabhupada's disciples left New York and opened a temple in the heart of San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district, home for thousands of hippies and "flower children" from all over the country. Within a short time, Srila Prabhupada's temple there had become a spiritual haven for troubled, searching, and sometimes desperate young people. Drug overdoses were common, and hundreds of confused, dazed, and disenchanted young Americans roamed the streets.

Haridasa, the first president of the San Francisco temple, remembers what it was like.

Haridasa: The hippies needed all the help they could get, and they knew it. And the Radha-Krishna temple was certainly a kind of spiritual haven. Kids sensed it. They were running, living on the streets, no place where they could go, where they could rest, where people weren't going to hurt them.

I think it saved a lot of lives; there might have been a lot more casualties if it hadn't been for Hare Krishna. It was like opening a temple in a battlefield. It was the hardest place to do it, but it was the place where it was most needed. Although the Swami had no precedents for dealing with any of this, he applied the chanting with miraculous results. The chanting was wonderful. It worked.

Michael Bowen, an artist and one of the leading figures of the Haight-Ashbury scene, recalled that Srila Prabhupada had "an amazing ability to get people off drugs, especially speed, heroin, burnt-out LSD cases -- all of that.

Every day at the temple devotees cooked and served to over two hundred young people a free, sumptuous multi-course lunch of vegetarian food offered to Krishna. Many local merchants helped to make this possible by donating to the cause. An early San Francisco devotee recalls those days.

Harsarani: People who were plain lost or needed comforting .. sort of wandered or staggered into the temple. Some of them stayed and became devotees, and some just took prasadam [spiritual food] and left. Just from a medical standpoint, doctors didn't know what to do with people on LSD. The police and the free clinics in the area couldn't handle the overload of people taking LSD. The police saw Swamiji [srila Prabhupada] as a certain refuge.

Throughout lunch, devotees played the New York recording of Srila Prabhupada chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. The sacred sound reinforced the spiritual mood of the temple and helped to ease the tensions and frustrations of its young guests.

[image]http://www.flashbacksixties.com/images/Avolon%20Unusual%20Posters/Krishna%20Comes%20West%[/image]

Sunday, January 29, 1967 marked the major spiritual event of the San Francisco hippy era, and Srila Prabhupada, who was ready to go anywhere to spread Krishna consciousness, was there. The Grateful Dead, Moby Grape, Janis Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service -- all the new-wave San Francisco bands -- had agreed to appear with Srila Prabhupada at the Avalon Ballroom's mantra-Rock Dance, proceeds from which would go to the local Hare Krishna temple.

Thousands of hippies, anticipating an exciting evening, packed the hall. LSD pioneer Timothy Leary dutifully paid the standard $2.50 admission fee and entered the ballroom, followed by Augustus Owsley Stanley II, known for his own brand of LSD.

At about 10:00 P.M., Srila Prabhupada and a small entourage of devotees arrived amid uproarious applause and cheering by a crowd that had waited weeks in great anticipation for this moment. Srila Prabhupada was given a seat of honor onstage and was introduced by Allen Ginsberg, who explained his own realizations about the Hare Krishna maha-mantra and how it had spread from the small storefront in New York to San Francisco. The well-known poet told the crowd that the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra in the early morning at the Radha-Krishna temple was an important community service to those who were "coming down from LSD," because the chanting would "stabilize their consciousness on reentry."

The chanting started slowly but rhythmically, and little by little it spread throughout the ballroom, enveloping everyone. Hippies got to their feet, held hands, and began to dance as enormous, pulsing pictures of Krishna were projected around the walls of the ballroom in perfect sync with the beat of the mantra. By the time Srila Prabhupada stood and began to dance with his arms raised, the crowd was completely absorbed in chanting, dancing, and playing small musical instruments they had brought for the occasion.

Ginsberg later recalled, "We sang Hare Krishna all evening. It was absolutely great -- an open thing. It was the height of the Haight-Ashbury spiritual enthusiasm."

As the tempo speeded up, the chanting and dancing became more and more intense, spurred on by a stageful of top rock musicians, who were as charmed by the magic of the maha-mantra as the amateur musicians had been at the Tompkins Square kirtanas only a few weeks before. The chant rose; it seemed to surge and swell without limit. When it seemed it could go no further, the chanting stopped. Srila Prabhupada offered prayers to his spiritual master into the microphone and ended-by saying three times, "All glories to the assembled devotees!" The Haight-Ashbury neighborhood buzzed with talk of the mantra-Rock Dance for weeks afterward.

Within a few months of the mantra-Rock event, devotees in San Francisco, New York, and Montreal began to take to the streets with their mrdangas (clay drums) and karatalas (hand cymbals) to chant the maha-mantra on a daily basis. In just a few years, temples were opening all over North America and Europe, and people everywhere were hearing the chanting of Hare Krishna.

On May 31, 1969, when the Vietnam war protest movement was reaching its climax, six devotees joined John Lennon and Yoko Ono in their Montreal hotel room to play instruments and sing on John and Yoko's famous recording "Give Peace a Chance." This song, which included the mantra, and a hit single, "The Hare Krishna mantra," produced in September of the same year by Beatle George Harrison and featuring the devotees, introduced millions to the chanting. Even Broadway's long-running musical hit Hair included exuberant choruses of the Hare Krishna mantra.

At the now historic mass antiwar demonstration in Washington, D.C., on November 15, 1969, devotees from all over the United States and Canada chanted the Hare Krishna mantra throughout the day and distributed "The Peace Formula," a small leaflet based on Srila Prabhupada's teachings from the Vedic scriptures. "The Peace Formula," which proposed a spiritual solution to the problem of war, was distributed en masse for many months and influenced thousands of lives.

By 1970, when George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" -- with its beautiful recurring lyrics of Hare Krishna and Hare Rama -- was the international number-one hit song of the day, devotees in dhotis and saris, chanting the maha-mantra with musical instruments, were now a familiar sight in almost every major city throughout the world. Because of Srila Prabhupada's deep love for Lord Krishna and his own spiritual master, his amazing determination, and his sincere compassion, "Hare Krishna" had become a household word.