sudhaya

Disiplic Succession:

KRSNA {3000 BC}

BRAHMA

NARADA

VYASA

MADHAVACHARYA {1238 A.D}

--

Anybody know what the time scales are for each of the succession, just as a matter of interest,

Also there are many Vysasadeva's, so were there many before Sri Madhavacharya was made a Great Disiple of Srila Vyasadeva?

That 3000BC date for Krsna is only the last visit. There is no date valid for that parampara link, for it does not refer to the incarnation Krsna but rather the unborn primal person, Sri Krsna. Brahma-Samhita explains how He initiated Lord Brahma. (summarized here in the Bhagavatam)

Lord Brahma is (hundreds of?) billions of years back.

Jahnava Nitai Das is the best answer for Vyasa. You may even find that he has already written something by searching India Divine. I seem to recall that Vyasa is always here hidden in another dimension in the Himalayas.

I must admit I did not think, about the fact that the parampara starts at the 'start of creation' of this Creation /images/graemlins/grin.gif, I always thought that the Parampara was started Five Thousand years ago, because the knowlegde was lost, so it was started again..

Don't confuce me further please!

This Parampara system baffles me, now and again, but it awoke again, due to me watching a movie about Madhavacharya, from the Link a Guest gave to Mahabharata movies.

Also..

I was looking for a figure, from the time Srila Vyasadeva gave Initiation to Sri Madhavacharya, how long before Vyasadeva had to wait for this?

Looks to me like at least Three Thousand years or so..??

That link you gave me was great, about Tapsaya thankyou.

Guest guest

Haribol, yes there are bonafide acaryas in our line that are still here in this realm, Srila Vyasadeva, Narada Muni, and of course, Lord Brahma. Sometimes us puny individuals with our puny arguement dont get the vast picture, that Srila Prabhupada sits on the Vyasasana as a proxy for Lord Vyasadeva. Maybe he could be called a rtvik acarya, because he initiates on behalf of Lord Vyasadeva, who resides in the Himalayas and is not readily available to the masses.

Vast, Vast, and we think we got a handle on it all? Even Lord Brahma felt rather insignificant when he witnessed all the other Brahmas at the door of Lord Narayana, some with a million heads, one for each direction in His particular universe.

Hare Krsna, the atomic mahaksadasa, not as in explosion, rather as in very tiny and insignificant. All glories to the teachings of Lord Chaitanya, the very best of all books, ever.

Guest guest

The history of the Gaudiya Parampara is examined in detail in a book you can download here:

http://www.mandala.com.au/books/sixgoswamis.pdf

Spiritual Successors of the Six Goswamis was written by Muralidhar das. That is, it was written by me.

There is some discussion about Madvacharya, but mostly the book deals with more recent Acharyas such as Narottama, Jagannatha das Babaji, Gaurkishore Das Babaji, etc.

The book is mainly concerned with explaining what "Guru Parampara" means, in terms of what was taught about Guru Parampara by Srila Sridhar Maharaj and his Divine Master, Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami.

Guest guest

Haribol, I said rtvik tongue in cheek here, meaning that all the parampara act on behalf of the parampara, never independently. You are right, though, the mere mention of the word takes the conversation in different (and more confusing) direction.

But to answer your serious question, the mind is incapable of understanding the wonders of Parampara (which is why I mentioned Teachings of Lord Chaitanya). The mind will refuse to accept that Vyasadeva is still living in the himalayas, or that Narada comes and goes wherever he pleases. Madhavacarya received initiation from Vyasadeva, we accept because we accept the conclusions presented by Guru.

This whole philosophy is acintya (inconceivable), which means that the mind cannot understand. Many give up this process becauyse the mind prevents them from accepting tattwa (revealed truth). But it is simple to understand if we hear examples from a bonafide spiritual master, who reveals truth. No one can know his own father without verification from the mother, and this is material science. So how can we think that we can understand how Vyasadeva was able to appear to madhavacarya many thousands of years after a normal human life span expires?

So you may ask serious questions, but you can never understand any answer given in good faith by those who have tasted revealed truth if you depend on the mind to verify.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS Again, I mention TLC, because this book has many stories of mind blowing stuff, and our minds need blowing up, again and again.

which is why I mentioned Teachings of Lord Chaitanya

--

Hare Krsna, The above book when I first came to KC, I read twice over, not sure why I did, but I did. Never understood it, still trying to.

I have been always been interested in Madhavacharya, just looking at a picture of him gives me spiritual strenght.

So out of interest, I was looking, still am!