IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What will happen to the west?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What do you all think will happen to the united states?

will it fall down one day, or will we be the first ones to start colonizing the moon?

Look at the Roman Empire. Eventually the Roman Empire became a welfare society and outsourced all their important jobs (soldiers, etc.) and they also became depraved despite Constantine's acception of Christianity. Like all material empires, the US will also have a decline. It will either be dramatic like the fall of the Roman Empire, or quiet and subtle like the British Empire.

The USA is already in the process of waning. Between outsourcing, ignorant masses within, the gradual loss of civil rights, and the increasing depravity, it will eventually become no better than places like Russia. But I believe by then the American people will become interested in spirituality again.

If each and every people in United States start realizing of Krishna Conciousness and u can hear the maha mantra in each and every corner of the United States. Then i think

the country will be heaven in earth...

otherwise

lust,greed,ego and all of that stuff will turn it into hell.

Aren't there hellish planets that are very opulent and smooth running? What makes them hell is the lack of God consciousness.

America has some good qualities but on the whole life here is really quite insane.

With nowhere to go.

That is America now. More, more, more; now, now, now.

There's no telling where this uncontrollable hankering will lead when it becomes frustrated by depleted resources. The pretence of being America "the good' may give way to greed. I'm not sure it hasn't already to some degree. If the desert stopped sending its oil to the west, it would be frightening to anticipate the reaction.

When will more, more, more end? In frustration, and that hopefully will lead to introspection.

It comes down to individual hearts, and chapter sixteen of the Bhagavad-gita explains the average heart in America. One cannot expect America to behave any more nobly than the average Joe on the street behaves towards his neighbour or the folks on the other side of the tracks.

is ephemeral, it will not lost forever. Moreover, the people under the influence of material energy will lose sight of their true nature, as there will be constant demand for more and more creature comforts, which will take away the devotion to God. Subsequently, God Consciousness will decline and then things will spiral downwards. Unless, every individual, takes to devotion to God (thro' any faith, I feel), things will worsen.

This is already the case and things are getting worse. For example Imy body is 52 yrs old. When I was a child no one locked their doors at night. people going to the store would leave the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked just for the convienience.

Now in large cities it is common for people to be taken from their cars while driving at gunpoint.

When I went to school /images/graemlins/wink.gif no one brought weapons to class. Maybe a fight after school would occur but that was infrequent. Now the problem is guns show up in class with students actually killing people, sometimes several at a time.

There are many such examples.

This culture is spiraling downward as we speak.

Guest guest

Other countries are also on a downward spiral. UK, Oz, Israel, Germany.

Meanwhile, the extinction of species and the destruction of the natural world creates a situation where the eventual collapse of modern civilization will bring forth a world that is not like the natural world after the collapse of the Roman Empire. Instead, it may be a world more like what we see in sci-fi movies such as Terminator.

Interestingly, we see on TV that the Americans speak of the Islamic extremists as "the bad guys". These bad guys seem to be fulfilling the role of being like the Indians in old John Wayne movies. The good guys wearing neat clothes invade the lands of the bad guys and when the bad guys fight back they are wiped out. There really is something wrong with the American dream. It is more of a nightmare for Mother Earth than a dream. They sell lots of burgers at Disneyland, don't they? And Mother Bhumi is grieving because of this.

In America,

they're buying a stairway to Heaven.

But in New Zealand the country has become obsessed with the mythology of the Lord of the Rings. They have a country that is just like Hobbiton. Another illusion. The Dark Lord is defeated, and the hobbits go about their daily life, eating bacon.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit if crying for leaving...