IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sudhaya

what is Impersonal Brahman

Rate this topic

Bhagavad-gita 5.17-24

Los Angeles, February 8, 1969

Prabhupada: Yes. The complete knowledge, Absolute Truth, means to understand three features of the Absolute Truth. One feature is Brahman, impersonal. The next feature is Paramatma, localized. And the next feature is Bhagavan, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

==

what is Impersonal Brahman, is it the Virat-rupa of Krsna?

Please tell me.

Prabhupada: Yes. The complete knowledge, Absolute Truth, means to understand three features of the Absolute Truth. One feature is Brahman, impersonal. The next feature is Paramatma, localized. And the next feature is Bhagavan, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

--

who here has realized the Impersonal Brahman, thats the first stage. ? And whats it like?

Guest guest

Jaiva Dharma, chap. 31 - The spiritual effulgence called Brahmajyoti is the eternal effulgence emanating from Goloka

Brahma Samhita 5.40 - I worship the original personality, Sri Govinda. The nondifferentiated, impersonal Brahman that has been described by the Upanisads has originated from the radiance of His limbs. That effulgence is distinct from the majestic opulence of billions of worlds such as the Earth planet which comprise the mundane realm, and is perceived as the indivisible, unlimited, endless principle of truth.

Krishna Book chap. 89 - Krsna's and Arjuna's reaching the brahmajyoti region is described in Harivamsa. In that portion of the Vedic literature, Krsna informed Arjuna, "My dear Arjuna, the glaring effulgence, the transcendental light which you are seeing, is My bodily rays. O chief of the descendants of Bharata, this brahmajyoti is Myself." As the sun disc and the sunshine cannot be separated, similarly Krsna and His bodily rays, the brahmajyoti, cannot be separated. Thus Krsna claimed that the brahmajyoti is He Himself. This is clearly stated in the Harivamsa, when Krsna says, "aham sah." The brahmajyoti is a combination of the minute particles known as spiritual sparks, or the living entities known as citkana. The Vedic word so'ham, or "I am the brahmajyoti," can also be applied to the living entities, who can also claim to belong to the brahmajyoti. In the Harivamsa, Krsna further explains, "This brahmajyoti is an expansion of My spiritual energy."

Krsna told Arjuna, "The brahmajyoti is beyond the region of My external energy, known as maya-sakti." When one is situated within this material world, it is not possible for him to experience this Brahman effulgence. Therefore, in the material world this effulgence is not manifested, whereas in the spiritual world, it is manifested. That is the purport of the words vyakta-avyakta. In the Bhagavad-gita it is said avyakto 'vyaktat sanatanah: both these energies are eternally manifested

Krishna Book chap. 89 - Krsna's and Arjuna's reaching the brahmajyoti region is described in Harivamsa. In that portion of the Vedic literature, Krsna informed Arjuna, "My dear Arjuna, the glaring effulgence, the transcendental light which you are seeing, is My bodily rays. O chief of the descendants of Bharata, this brahmajyoti is Myself." As the sun disc and the sunshine cannot be separated, similarly Krsna and His bodily rays, the brahmajyoti, cannot be separated. Thus Krsna claimed that the brahmajyoti is He Himself. This is clearly stated in the Harivamsa, when Krsna says, "aham sah." The brahmajyoti is a combination of the minute particles known as spiritual sparks, or the living entities known as citkana. The Vedic word so'ham, or "I am the brahmajyoti," can also be applied to the living entities, who can also claim to belong to the brahmajyoti. In the Harivamsa, Krsna further explains, "This brahmajyoti is an expansion of My spiritual energy."

==

Had to read that 7-8 times before it clicked with me.

Realizing Brahman seems a hard task, its so far away, what do you say? Doesn't sound like much fun, being in it.

According to the Gita, you must remember.

Our eternal nature is described as sac-cid-ananda, similar in quality to Sri Krsna. The sac (sat - eternal) feature of the self is experienced at Brahman realization; the cid (cit - knowledge) feature is realized when one perceives Paramatma Supersoul; and finally the jiva is complete when it realizes Bhagavan Sri Krsna and tastes ananda, bliss. It is said that the bliss of Bhagavan realization, ananda, is far far greater than that experienced by simple Brahman realization. The beautiful form of Lord Syamasundara attracts even the impersonalists in Brahman and the atmaramas attached to the Supersoul.

Brahman is associated with Krsna's effulgence, His energy, the brahmajyoti rays.

Better to read Bhagavad-gita for a more clear understanding of this Brahman foundation of the world. Really, better to spend six months four hours a day in the Bhagavad-gita As It Is drowning in Krsna's instruction and Prabhupada's kindness. Then you can spend the rest of the day amazed as those lessons come to life in your daily dance - watching the modes go by, the desires, the little false egos all battling for control of ME, all those players in Krsna's yoga lesson become intimate acquaintances.

But as far as the Brahman itself? Actually it's carob, not chocolate.

That's a priest who never uses your name; he calls everybody "Sport" or "Jack" or "Babe" or "Holmes" or "Prabhu" or "Hey, you" or "Y'all" or "You people" or like "Dude", dude.

Now that's impersonal.

I did a typo before and quickly changed back, I was laughing for ages at my mistake.

Our goal is Not to understand specifically Impersonal Brahmin, but its comes with the package anyway.

Bg say it easier to realize, but they Not know

Paramatma {4 Handed-Form} or Syamasundara {2 Handed-Form}.

So is it, we are surpassing Impersonal aspect and Paramatma realization, by practicing Bhakti-yoga. We gain love of God, theres no waiting for any stages of realization.

is that ok? sound right?

Because some might lose interest in the book.

Let Krsna work His magic. That's what the Bhagavad-gita is about. Start with something you can trust, like the "cause of all causes" or "primal person" since these are obviously God. Then follow the process. Nothing need be taken on blind faith. Start small and let Krsna teach you through life. Your confidence in Him will gradually increase.

He will prove to you that every word in the Gita is true if you are perceptive and remain His dedicated student. The answers He will give as you sit in front of the Gita and follow it as a witness to your life will be far superior and more powerful and effective than anything we can say. Words are cheats. We are more than words. Krsna teaches beyond words; instead of metaphor He uses your very life. Sitting in front of the Gita, these questions will be answered. Krsna has nothing to hide. Ask and it will be given; knock and the door will open. You're in this together - always have been.

gHari