Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Prayers to be sung to Nitai...any?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nitai Pada Kamala

Akrodha Paramananda Nityananda Raya

Are Bhai, Nitai Amara Doyara Avadhi

DOyal Nitai-Caitanya Bole Nach Re Amara Man (both Gauranga and Nityananda)

and one other one which I've forgotten.

From Los Angeles, January 31, 1969 (Lord NityAnanda Prabhu's Appearance Day) a NitAi-Pada-Kamala Purport:<blockquote>

PrabhupAda: (sings)

<center>

nitAi-pada-kamala, koTi-candra-suzItala,

je chAyAy jagata jurAy

heno nitAi bine bhAi, rAdhA-kRSNa pAite nAi,

dRDha kori' dharo nitAir pAy

se sambandha nAhi jA'r, bRthA janma gelo tA'r,

sei pazu boro durAcAr

nitAi nA bolilo mukhe, majilo saMsAra-sukhe,

vidyA-kule ki koribe tAr

ahaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pAsariyA,

asatyere satya kori mAni

nitAiyer koruNA habe, braje rAdhA-kRSNa pAbe,

dharo nitAi-caraNa du'khAni

nitAiyer caraNa satya, tAGhAra sevaka nitya,

nitAi-pada sadA koro AzA

narotamma boro dukhI, nitAi more koro sukhI,

rAkho rAGgA-caraNera pAza</center>

NitAi-pada-kamala, koTi-candra-suzItala, je chAyAy jagata jurAy. This is a song by Narottama dAsa ThAkura, a great AcArya of the GauDIya-vaiSNava-sampradAya. He has written many songs about the VaiSNava philosophy, and they are approved as completely corresponding with Vedic instructions. So here Narottama dAsa ThAkura is singing that "The whole world is suffering under the blazing fire of material existence. Therefore, if one takes the shelter of the lotus feet of Lord NityAnanda...," whose birthday is today, 31st, January, 1969. So we should relish this instruction of Narottama dAsa ThAkura that in order to get relief from the pangs of blazing fire of this material existence, one should take shelter of the lotus feet of Lord NityAnanda because it is as cooling as the moon rays combined together of millions of moons. That means one will immediately find peaceful atmosphere. Just like a man works whole day and if he comes under the moonshine he feels relief.

Similarly, any materialistic man who comes under the shelter of Lord NityAnanda will immediately feel that relief. Then he says,

<center>

je chAyAy jagata jurAy,

heno nitAi bine bhai, rAdhA-kRSNa pAite nAi,

dharo nitAi-caraNa du'khani

</center>

He says that "If you are anxious to go back to home, back to Godhead, and become associate with RAdhA and KRSNa, then the best policy is to take shelter of NityAnanda." Then he says, se sambandha nAhi jA'r, bRthA janma gelo tA'r: "One who has not been able to contact NityAnanda, then one should think of himself that he has simply spoiled his valuable life." BRthA janma gelo, bRthA means for nothing, and janma means life. Gelo tA'r, spoiled. Because he has not made connection with NityAnanda. The NityAnanda, very name, suggests... Nitya means eternal. Ananda means pleasure. Material pleasure is not eternal. That is the distinction. Therefore those who are intelligent, they are not interested with this flickering pleasure of material world. Every one of us, as living entity, we are searching after pleasure. But the pleasure which we are seeking, that is flickering, temporary. That is not pleasure. Real pleasure is nityAnanda, eternal pleasure. So anyone who has no contact with NityAnanda, it is to be understood that his life is spoiled.

<center>se sambandha nAhi jA'r, bRthA janma gelo tA'r,

sei pazu boro durAcAr

</center>

Narottama dAsa ThAkura uses here very harsh word. He says that such human being is an animal, an uncontrollable animal. As there are some animals that cannot be tamed, so anyone who has not contacted NityAnanda, he should be considered as an untamed animal. Sei pazu boro durAcAr. Why? Because nitAi nA bolilo mukhe: "He never uttered the holy name of NityAnanda." And majilo saMsAra-sukhe, "and become merged into this material happiness." VidyA-kule ki koribe tAr. "That nonsense does not know that what will his education and family and tradition and nationality will help him?" These things cannot help him. These are all temporary things. Simply, if we want eternal pleasure, we must contact NityAnanda. VidyA-kule ki koribe tAr. VidyA means education, and kula means family, nationality. So we may have a very nice family connection or we may have very nice national prestige, but after ending this body, these things will not help me. I'll carry my work with me, and according to that work, I shall have to accept by force another type of body. It may be something other than human body. So these things cannot protect us or give us the real pleasure. So Narottama dAsa ThAkura advises that vidyA-kule ki koribe tAr. Then he says, ahaGkAre matta hoiyA. "Being maddened after false prestige and identification..." False identification with the body and prestige of bodily relationship, it is called ahaGkAre matta hoiyA. One is mad after this false prestige.

AhaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pAsariyA. Due to this false prestige we are thinking, "Oh, what is NityAnanda? What can He do for me? I don't care." So these are the signs of false prestige. AhaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pAsa..., asatyere satya kori mAni. The result is that I am accepting something which is false. For example, I am accepting this body. This body, I am not this body. Therefore, with false identification I am becoming entangled more and more. So one who is puffed up with this false prestige, ahaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pA..., asatyere satya kori mAni, he accepts something wrong as right. Then he says, nitAiyer koruNA habe, braje rAdhA-kRSNa pAbe. If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of NityAnanda. AhaGkAre...

<center>

nitAiyer koruNA habe, braja rAdhA-kRSNa pAbe,

dharo nitAi-caraNa du'khAni

</center>

"Please catch up the lotus feet of NityAnanda." Then he says, nitAiyer caraNa satya. One may think that as we catch hold of so many shelter, but in this material world later on they prove false, similarly, suppose we catch hold of the lotus feet of NityAnanda; it may also prove false. But Narottama dAsa ThAkura assures that nitAiyer caraNa satya: "It is not false. Because NityAnanda is eternal, His lotus feet is also eternal." TAGhAra sevaka nitya. And anyone who takes to the service of NityAnanda, they also become eternal. Without being eternal, nobody can serve the eternal. That is the Vedic injunction. Without becoming Brahman, one cannot approach the Supreme Brahman. Just like without being fire, nobody can enter into the fire. Without being water, nobody can enter into the water. Similarly, without being fully spiritualized, nobody can enter into the spiritual kingdom. So nitAiyer caraNa satya. If you catch nitAiyer, the lotus feet of NityAnanda, then you become immediately spiritualized.

Just like if you touch electricity, immediately you become electrified. That is natural. Similarly, NityAnanda is eternal happiness, if you touch NityAnanda some way or other, then you become also eternally happy. TAGhAra sevaka nitya. Therefore one who has in contact with NityAnanda, they have become eternal.

<center>

nitAiyer caraNa satya, tAGhAra sevaka nitya,

dRDha kori' dharo nitAir pAy

</center>

So just catch Him very tightly. Narottama boro duHkhI, nitAi more koro sukhI. At the last Narottama dAsa ThAkura, the composer of this song, he is appealing to NityAnanda, "My dear Lord, I am very unhappy. So You please make me happy. And You kindly keep me in corner of Your lotus feet." That is the sum and substance of this song. (end)</blockquote>

Lord NityAnanda Prabhu's AvirbhAva Appearance Day Lecture in Bhubaneswar, February 2, 1977<blockquote>PrabhupAda: So today, the appearance day of NityAnanda Prabhu... NityAnanda Prabhu is Baladeva, Baladeva-tattva.

<CENTER>

vrajendra-nandana yei, zacI-suta haila sei,

balarAma haila nitAi

</CENTER>

"Who was formerly the son of Nanda MahArAja, He has appeared as the son of SacIdevi." Caitanya MahAprabhu's mother's name was SacIdevi. So KRSNa... KRSNa is SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu, and BalarAma is NityAnanda Prabhu. Now...

<CENTER>

vrajendra-nandana yei, zacI-suta haila sei,

balarAma haila nitAi

</CENTER>

So BalarAma... In the Vedic literature it is said, nAyam AtmA bala-hinena labhyaH; na bahunA zrutena. So bala means strength. Sometimes some rascal philosophers, they take it that bala means bodily strength. They propagate this philosophy that "Unless you are bodily stout and strong, you cannot achieve spiritual salvation. You must be very strong and stout and eat meat and fight, and then you'll get next spiritual birth" No. This bala, this strength, is different. This is spiritual strength.

The difficulty of the present situation is that actually we are moving on account of spiritual strength, but they have no information of the spiritual strength. They are thinking of material strength. That is expressed here, that

<CENTER>

ahaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pAsariyA,

asatyere satya kori mAni

</CENTER>

This is due to ahaGkAra. AhaGkAra-vimUDhAtmA kartAham iti manyate [bg. 3.27]. Those who are vimUDha, especially rascal... MUDha, rascals, and vi means vizeSa, vizeSanam, particularly. Ahankara- vimudhAtmA. The same thing which is spoken in the Bhagavad- gItA, Narottama dAsa ThAkura says the same thing in a plain Bengali language. AhaGkAre matta haiyA, nitAi-pada... By the spell of mAyA--ahaGkAra-vimUDhAtmA kartAham iti manyate [bg. 3.27]-- they are thinking that "We are independent. We can do whatever we like." This is called ahaGkAra-vimUDhAtmA. Under false pretext, false prestige, everyone is thinking that "We are independent. We can find out the solution of the problems of life by material adjustment," so on, so on. So that is our material disease. AhaGkAra-vimUDhAtmA. Bewildered, they do not understand that the real strength is spiritual strength. We see daily, see daily that a very strong man, very powerful man, very good brain, very good scientist... So where is the strength? The strength is AtmA. As soon as the AtmA, or the soul, goes out of this body, so intelligent, so strong, and so many things, that is nothing. That is the difference between dead man and the living man. A living man is very powerful, very good position, everything. As soon as he lies down, he is lying down on the floor, and if you kick him on his face, he'll not protest. So where is that strength? The strength is gone. That is spiritual strength. On the spiritual strength, the body moves. Suppose you have got a very good car, Mercedes car or Rolls Royce car. But when there is no petrol, how the car will move? It is not possible. There is spirit, petrol spirit. Similarly, real strength is spiritual strength. That spiritual strength is BalarAma. Bala means strength. Therefore we have to take shelter of the lotus feet of BalarAma, guru-tattva.

BalarAma means guru-tattva. BalarAma represents guru. Yasya prasAdAd bhagavat-prasAdaH **. If we want to understand Caitanya MahAprabhu, if we want to understand KRSNa, then we must take shelter of BalarAma. NAyam AtmA bala-hinena labhyaH. This bala- hinena labhyaH, this Vedic injunction, means "Without the mercy of BalarAma you cannot understand, you cannot realize your spiritual identification. So that BalarAma comes as NityAnanda Prabhu. BalarAma hailA nitAi. Therefore we must take shelter of BalarAma. That is... This song has been sung by Narottama dAsa ThAkura. NitAi-pada-kamala, koTi-candra-suzItala. If we take shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu, then we get peace. KoTi-candra-suzItala. Just like in daytime, especially in the summer season, we become very much exasperated. But at night, in the evening, as soon as there is moonshine, we become very much satisfied. All day's labor and fatigue is immediately moved. So nitAi-pada-kamala, the shade of NityAnanda Prabhu's lotus feet, is koTi-candra-suzItala, as pleasing as one crore of moonshine. One moonshine gives us so much pleasure. So if we want actually peace of mind, if we actually want to be free from this material fatiguement, then we must take the shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu. NityAnanda Prabhu is the strength, spiritual strength. And without spiritual strength you cannot approach KRSNa. NAyam AtmA pravaca... Simply by talking nonsense... NAyam AtmA pravacanena labhyaH. If you are a good speaker, that does not mean you'll understand, yourself. Na medhayA: "Neither by good brain." Because you have got very good brain you'll understand KRSNa--no. NAyam AtmA pravacanena labhyo na medhayA na bahunA zrutena. If you think that you are a very good scholar, university degree-holder, then you'll understand--no. This is not possible.

So we must have spiritual strength. That source of spiritual strength is BalarAma, KRSNa's next manifestation, prakAza- vigraha. KRSNa is manifesting Himself through BalarAma. So we have to take shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu.

<CENTER>

je chAyAy jagata jurAy

</CENTER>

The whole world is suffering, but if you want peace, then you take the shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu.

<CENTER>

heno nitAi bine bhAi, rAdhA-kRSNa pAite nAi

dhRdha kori' dharo nitAir pAy

</CENTER>

Our real aim of life--how to go back home back to Godhead and associate with RAdhA KRSNa. In another song the same author says,

<CENTER>

manuSya-janama pAiyA, rAdhA-kRSNa nA bhajiyA,

jAniyA zuniyA biSa khAinu

</CENTER>

Unless you come to RAdhA-KRSNa, you cannot get real pleasure. If you want to dance and get pleasure, don't dance independently. Dance with KRSNa. Then you'll be happy. The dancing is there, but dancing without association of KRSNa... Just like here, in our temple, we are also eating, but we are eating the remnants of foodstuff left by KRSNa. That is real pleasure. It is not that we are stopping eating. We are not stopping eating. We are not dry philosophers. KRSNa baro doyAmoy, koribAre jihwA jay, swa-prasAd-anna dilo bhAi. All over the world we are eating KRSNa prasAdam, and we have got good experience. At least ten thousand men and women, they are taking KRSNa prasAdam, but we have no anxiety. We have no anxiety. A family consists of a few members. They are full of anxiety how to maintain the family. And we are maintaining a family of ten thousand men. We have no anxiety. Just see practically. We have no anxiety. We require thousands and thousands of rupees for maintaining Europe, America, a costly affair.

But because we are under the shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu, BalarAma, we have no anxiety. That means material life means anxiety. You cannot avoid anxiety if you lead a material life. Then you will be anxious.

That is PrahlAda MahArAja's instruction. He was asked by his father, "My dear son, what you have learned, the best thing from your teachers?" So he replied, "My dear father..." He never said, "My dear father"; He said, "My dear best of the asuras." Asura- varya. Tat sAdhu manye 'sura-varya dehinAm. Tat sAdhu manye 'sura-varya dehinAM sadA samudvigna-dhiyAm asad-grahAt. The whole human society is suffering, at least suffering from one disease-- anxiety. Ask anybody. Take one small ant and take the big elephant; take the President of United States or take one street beggar. Ask him, "Whether you are free from anxiety?" Nobody will say, "No.I am full of anxiety." That's a fact. So why they are anxiety, in, full of anxiety? That PrahlAda MahArAja had replied, sadA samudvigna-dhiyAm asad-grahAt. Because we have taken asad- vastu, that will not exist... Everything, whatever you have got... Our, this body will not exist. And this is the main platform of our existence. In the material world, so long the body is there, you exist. So PrahlAda MahArAja said that "Real solution of problems of life is to get out of this material condition. That is best thing in my opinion." Sada samadvigna-dhiyAm asad... That is Vedic injunction also. Asato mA sad gamaya: "Don't live in this asat, in this material condition." Sad gamaya: "Go to real existence." That real existence means spiritual life. Na hanyate hanyamAne zarIre [bg. 2.20]. So if we actually want life, blissful life, then we must get out of this material existence. That is PrahlAda MahArAja's instruction. Samudvigna-dhiyAm. And if you remain in the material existence, you must suffer some anxiety. There is no excuse.

So PrahlAda MahArAja advises that hitvAtma-ghAtam gRham andha-kUpaM vanam gato yad dharim Azrayeta [sB 7.5.5]. If you... Real problem is anxiety. And this anxiety will continue so long you are material existent. Therefore the real life is to get out of this material... HitvAtma-ghAtam. Atma-ghATam. Atma-ghAtam means killing the soul. This material civilization is killing the soul. That... They have no information of the soul. They do not know how to become peaceful, how to become blissful. They are trying to be peaceful, bahir-artha-mAninaH, by external material energy. They are thinking by constructing big, big buildings, just like in Bhubaneswar they are doing, and having good, very big, big roads and motorcars, that is advancement of civilization. No. That is not advancement of civili... That is increasing their anxiety. There is no solution of the anxiety. There is... Formerly that... I was speaking. There was no university. The university was in the cottage--VyAsadeva. VyAsadeva was writing SrImad-BhAgavatam and all the PurANas in a cottage. The university was there. Who can produce such literature as VyAsadeva has given? From any angle of vision, from literary point of view, from philosophical point of view--everything, so perfect, every literature, MahAbhArata, PurANas, and VedAnta. Veda-vyAsa, he has given. So there was no need of university. It required clear brain. That was to be done by the brahminical qualifications, zamo damo titikSA Arjava, jJAnaM-vijJAnam Astikyam brahma-karma svabhAva... Where is that education? This education, technical education, how you can very nicely hammer, this will not solve the problem. So if we want real solution of the problems, then our duty is first of all to take the shelter of nitAi-pada-kamala. Then we'll be happy, and we'll get moonshine, and our all fatigueness will be subsided.

Sambandha nAhi jAr, bRthA janma gelo tAr. So if you have no connection with NityAnanda Prabhu... NityAnanda means always. Nitya means always, Ananda means pleasure. This is another meaning you can draw. So therefore, if you have no connection with NityAnanda Prabhu... Se tAr: "He's simply wasting time." BRthA means useless. Uselessly, he's wasting time. Se pazu boro durAcAr. And Narottama dAsa ThAkura has used very strong word. "Anyone who has no connection with NityAnanda Prabhu, he's a pazu." Sei pazu. He's a pazu, means animal. So animal, how one animal can get happiness? That is not possible. The dog, from the childhood he's searching after food, searching after food. And cannot get food. Unless a dog has got a master, he's street dog and he's always unhappy. So better to become a dog of NityAnanda Prabhu. Then we shall be happy. Instead of becoming dog of so many other people... Everyone is dog. Everyone is searching after to serve a master. But none of them are satisfied because that is false master. You take real master, NityAnanda Prabhu. You'll be happy. Se pazu boro durAcAr. He does not know where is happiness. Where I shall become a dog? That...

Our Bhaktivinoda ThAkura, he has sung therefore,

<CENTER>

vaisnava ThAkur, tomAra kukkur,

boliya janaha more

</CENTER>

"My dear VaiSNava ThAkura, kindly accept me as your dog, as your dog. I am dog already, but I am mAyA's dog. I'm not VaiSNava's dog. So kindly accept me." If you become a VaiSNava's dog... ChADiyA vaiSNava sevA, nistAr pAiche kebA. If you do not become a dog of VaiSNava and NityAnanda Prabhu... NityAnanda is guru. So if you do not become a dog of NityAnanda Prabhu, VaiSNava, or guru, there is no question of happiness. Se sambandha nAhi yAr, bRthA janma gelo... se pazu boro durAcAr. NitAi nA bolilo mukhe, majilA saMsAra-sukhe. He who has no connection with NityAnanda Prabhu, and he does not say, "Jaya NitAi! Jaya Gaura!" And majilo saMsAra-sukhe, he thinks that this society, family, and... "Society, friendship and love, divinely bestowed upon man." These materialist persons, they say like that. That is called majilo saMsAra sukhe. In saMsAra there cannot be any sukha, but he's attracted by that. Majilo saMsAra sukhe. VidyA-kule ki koribe tAr. What we'll do with university education or born in big family or...

This will not help. This is not possible. VidyA-kule ki karibe tAr. Why they're accepting this false? AhaGkAre matta hoiyA, nitAi-pada pasariya, asatyere satya kori mAni. On account of being misled by false prestige and false egotism, asatyere satya kori mAni, we are accepting this body which is asat, which will not exist. That we have taken as reality. AhaGkare matta hoiya, nitAi pada pasariya. But if we take shelter of NityAnanda Prabhu, then you get the enlightenment. Asatyere satya kori mAni. NitAiyer koruNA habe, braje rAdhA-kRSNa pabe, dharo nitAi-caraNa du'khAni.

Therefore Narottama dAsa ThAkura advises that... Today is NityAnanda Prabhu's AvirbhAva appearance day. Let us at least remember today nitAi-pada-kamala. That is wanted. NitAi caraNa satya, tAhAra sevaka nitya. The reality is nitAi-caraNa, and anyone who is servant of NitAi...So nitAiyer caraNa satya, tAhAra sevaka nitya. One who has become the dog of NityAnanda Prabhu, he gets his eternal life. We are eternal, but under misconception of material identification, we are under the subjugation of mAyA. BhUtvA bhUtvA pralIyate. TathA dehAntara... It is very botheration, but they do not know. I am going from one body to another transmigration. And that is not guaranteed, what body. They have no science, no knowledge about understanding tathA dehAntara, the very first instruction of Bhagavad-gItA. They are so rascals, and they are proud of their education, their universities. This is going on.

NitAi caraNa satya, tAhAra sevaka..., nitAi-pada sadA koro AzA. Therefore we should always expect to be under the shelter of nitAi-pada-kamala. Narottama boro duHkhI. Narottama dAsa ThAkura, he's AcArya. He is presenting himself... That is AcArya. Means he is not duHkhI, but he's presenting himself as duHkhI. That is AcArya. AcAryas, they are never duHkhI. But taking the common man's position, he says, narottama boro duHkhI. Or, in other words, Narottama... Narottama means the best of the human being. So here in this material world one may be the best of the human being, very exalted position, but everyone is duHkI, unhappy. Narottama boro duHkI, nitAi more koro sukhI: "Only NityAnanda can make me happy. Otherwise not possible." Rakho raGga-caraNera pAza. So today is NityAnanda Prabhu's appearance day. We shall always pray, <font color="blue">"NityAnanda Prabhu, kindly keep me under Your shelter so that... I am very duHkI; I am very unhappy. Under the shelter of Your lotus feet I shall be happy." </font>And that is real happiness. Thank you very much.</blockquote>

Introducing..

<font color="blue"> Nitai-Pada-Kamala:</font color> StartWindows sound byte.

{Change settings in Control Panel}

www.govinda108.tripod.com/SP-prayer_2_Nitai.mp3 -Right-click/Save As

Contents: Prabhupada: "'nitai-pada-kamala' My dear Lord I am very unhappy, so you please make me happy.. and you kindly keep me in corner of your Lotus Feet."

nityanandam aham naumi

sarvananda-karam param

hari-nama-pradam devam

avadhuta-shiromanim

"I bow down to the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is the awarder of the highest joy to all, the bestower of the holy name and the crest jewel of all paramahamsa mendicants."

sankarsanah karana-toya-shayi

garbhoda-shayi cha payobdhi-shayi

sheshash cha yasyamsha-kalah sa nitya-

nandakhya-ramah sharanam mamastu

"May Sri Nityananda Rama be the object of my constant remembrance. Sankarshana, Shesha Naga and the Vishnus who lie on the Karana Ocean [Maha-Vishnu], Garbha Ocean [Garbodakashayi Vishnu] and ocean of milk [Kshirodakashayi Vishnu] are His plenary portions and the portion of His plenary portions." (Cc.Adi.1.7)

mayatite vyapi-vaikuntha-loke

purnaishvarye shri-chatur-vyuha-madhye

rupam yasyodbhati sankarshanakhyam

tam shri-nityananda-ramam prapadye

"I surrender unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, who is known as Sankarshana in the midst of the chatur-vyuha (consisting of Vasudeva, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha). He possesses full opulences and resides in Vaikunthaloka, far beyond the material creation." (Cc.Adi.1.8)

maya-bhartajanda-sanghashrayangaha

shete sakshat karanambhodhi-madhye

yasyaikamshah shri-puman adi-devas

"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose partial representation called Karanodakashayi Vishnu, lying on the Karana Ocean, is the original purusha, the master of the illusory energy, and the shelter of all the universes." (Cc.Adi.1.9)

yasyamshamsha shrila-garbhoda-shayi

yan-nabhy-abjam loka-sanghata-nalam

loka-srashtuh sutika-dhama dhatus

"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodakashayi Vishnu. From the navel of Garbhodakashayi Vishnu sprouts the lotus that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the universe. The stem of that lotus is the resting place of the multitude of planets." (Cc.Adi.1.10)

yasyamshamshamshah paratmakhilanam

poshta vishnur bhati dugdhabdhi-shayi

kshauni-bharta yat-kala so 'py anantas

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Vishnu lying in the ocean of milk. That Kshirodakashayi Vishnu is the Supersoul of all living entities and the maintainer of all the universes. Shesha Naga is His further sub-part." (Cc.Adi.1.11)

vande shri-krishna-chaitanya-

nityanandau sahoditau

gaudodaye pushpavantau

chitra shandau tamo-nudau

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Krishna Caitanya and Lord Nityananda, who are like the sun and moon. They have arisen simultaneously on the horizon of Gauda to dissipate the darkness of ignorance and thus wonderfully bestow benediction upon all." (Cc.Adi.1.2.)

shri-krishna-chaitanya prabhu nityananda

shri-adwaita gadadhara shrivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrinda

Posted Image

<font color="purple"> Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, the living entity naturally awakens.</font color>

<font color="green"> (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructs Sanatana Gosvami)</font color>

Guest guest

Sri Sri Nitai-Chaitanya-Arati

composed by

Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj

for the deities at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Jagannath Puri

jaya guru maharaja karunasagara

sri bhakti raksak dev-goswami sridhar

prakasile nilacale bhuvanamangala

nitai-chaitanya-deva-seva samujjvala

gorapreme matoyara nityanandarupa

rasaraja mahabhava chaitanya-svarupa

kasita-kancana jini sri-anga labani

duhugale vanamala bhavera dolani

murachita kotikama ruparasarange

madhura narttana-bhava varabhaya bhange

koti-chandra-bhanusobha ratna-simhasane

prema netre dekhe mahabhagyavana jane

mrdanga mandira baje susankha-dhvanita

sruti-moli-ratnamala-dipa-nirajita

bhuvanamohan duhu rupera arati

gupta-vrindavanyavasi dekhe niravadhi

sri svarupa ramananda rupa-sanatana

raghunatha haridasa gadadhara dhana

sarvvabhauma gopinatha jivanugajana

dekhena aratisobha durllabha-darsana

nadiya prakase nityananda-gauranidhi

patitapavanaksetra milaila vidhi

avicintya nityananda-chaitanya-prakasa

sri guru-prasade dekhe ei adhama dasa

<hr>

Sri Sri Nitai-Chaitanya-Arati

Commentary by His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj:

Actually there is some background to the reason that I composed this kirttan. In the Gaudiya Vaisnava society, especially in the time of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami, we have been singing at the Arati time, jaya jaya gaurachander arotiko sobha. The divine forms of Radha, Krishna and Mahaprabhu are existing, and we are doing arati to the three of them every day, but only singing glorification of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Why are Radha, Govinda and Mahaprabhu within the same simhasana and what is their glorification? That type of Arati kirttan is not in our sampradaya.

Then I prayed to Srila Guru Maharaj; Can you kindly make one arati sankirttan of that. Then Guru Maharaj composed Radha, Krishna and Mahaprabhu Arati - jayare jayare jaya gaura-saraswati, bhakativinoda nvaya karuna murati. (http://www.mandala.com.au/gaura/prema26.html). Then every Friday we were singing that song and giving honour. Now we are singing both jaya jaya gaurachander arotiko sobha and jayare jayare jaya gaura-saraswati every day.

At the time of composing jayare jayare jaya gaura-saraswati, Srila Guru Maharaj was organising the whole Gaudiya Mission. sujanarvvuda-radhita-pada-yugam yuga-dharmma-dhurandhara-patra-varam varadabhaya-dayaka-pujya-padam pranamami sada prabhupada-padam. Many devotees do not know who composed this song. It is a composition of Srila Guru Maharaj, a sanskrit composition.

I felt it was necessary for the Nitai-Chaitanya song because we have Mahaprabhu's song, but in Puri Dham, Nitai-Chaitanya are living together. The deities manifested in the time of Srila Guru Maharaj and I thought it would be very good if I could compose a song. Srila Guru Maharaj was showing his age at that time and he could not write any more. Then, taking permission from Srila Guru Maharaj, I composed that song. Nitai-Chaitanya are worshipped by the devotees at Arati time, and a special arati kirttan for Nitai-Chaitanya is very appropriate.

jaya guru maharaja karunasagara

sri bhakti raksak dev-goswami sridhar

If we want to do anything we must firstly go to Gurudeva. So we are giving 'jai' to Gurudeva and taking His permission. Our Srila Guru Maharaj, is Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami and I am giving "joy" to his divine grace.

prakasile nilacale bhuvanamangala

nitai-chaitanya-deva-seva samujjvala

Nilacala means Puri Dham. There in Puri Dham, both Nitai and Chaitanyadeva are manifested by the divine mercy of Srila Guru Maharaj and their service is going on continuously.

gorapreme matoyara nityanandarupa

rasaraja mahabhava chaitanya-svarupa

Then comes the glorification of those personalities who are living on the simhasan. First is the glorification of Nityananda Prabhu, because by the grace of Nityananda Prabhu we will get the mercy of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. We are saying Nitai-Chaitanya, and it is very appropriate because Nityananda Prabhu is the form of Sri Gurudeva and also without His mercy we will not get the mercy of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Sometimes we are saying Chaitanya-Nitai but normally Nitai-Chaitanya. Both are standing there and giving their merciful glance to the conditioned souls. One form is in the intoxicated, dancing mood of Nityananda Prabhu, always giving the fearless spiritual wealth by which we will be benefited. Happily we can practice that. The mood of Nityananda Prabhu, with His right hand up and left hand giving merciful blessings is the mood that fearlessly you will do service. And Mahaprabhu is also present there, but in the form of rasaraja and mahabhava. Actually Mahaprabhu's form is Krishna himself taking the Heart and Halo of Radharani and becoming Chaitanyadeva. Then Rasaraja is actually Krishna and Mahabhava is Radharani. Krishna and Radharani are both there within one, and that is Chaitanya-svarupa, Mahaprabhu. And His manifestation we are seeing in the simhasan.

kasita-kancana jini sri-anga labani

duhugale vanamala bhavera dolani

Both are standing effulgent like gold. When gold is cut with a sharp knife its effulgence comes out more and more. Their golden form is like that, fully effulgent. Garlands of different beautiful flowers are there and those garlands are playing on the necks of Nitai-Chaitanyadeva.

murachita kotikama ruparasarange

madhura narttana-bhava varabhaya bhange

If anyone will see that divine form of Nitai-Chaitanyadeva he will faint with transcendental feelings. They are dancing in the mood of bestowing mercy, touching the hearts of everyone and inconceivably giving mercy to the conditioned souls in an unconditional way.

koti-chandra-bhanusobha ratna-simhasane

prema netre dekhe mahabhagyavana jane

Nitai-Chaitanyadeva are like the morning sun and the full moon but our vision is covered. If we look with clean, devotional eyes, full of love and affection, then we can see their divine form. And for this vision, we need good fortune which comes through the mercy of the vaisnavas. Then with sadhu-sanga, association of the vaisnavas and their merciful glance we can see that divine form.

mrdanga mandira baje susankha-dhvanita

sruti-moli-ratnamala-dipa-nirajita

Here is an ornamental expression. When this type of Arati comes and we stand in front of Nitai-Chaitanyadeva and do the Arati, what do we do? We play the mrdanga and the karatals and we blow the conch. Externally it happens but also internally. With the panchapati, the ghee lamp with 108 wicks, we are doing arati. Externally we are doing this and internally we shall try to see that each lamp of that arati, is not only a lamp but it is the vedas. The different parts of the vedas that are existing within bhakti-yoga have taken form in each lamp as a bhakti-yoga lamp. The 108 upanishads and all others are taking this form and worshipping the Lord through that arati.

bhuvanamohan duhu rupera arati

gupta-vrindavanyavasi dekhe niravadhi

Anyone who will look with prema netra will see love, real love and affection, and they will be extremely charmed. Only those who are living in gupta Vrindavan can see with that type of vision. Gupta Vrindavan means Nabadwip Dham. Those who are living in Nabadwip Dham are always looking at that Arati of Nitai Chaitanyadeva. Every day this arati is performed and by the grace of Srila Guru Maharaj this property of Nabadwip has come to Puri Dham to bestow its mercy on the conditioned souls.

This type of Arati is only seen by the Nabadwip Dhambasis, the parshadas (associates) of Sriman Mahaprabhu, and those who are very affectionate with Mahaprabhu, Chaitanyadeva.

sri svarupa ramananda rupa-sanatana

raghunatha haridasa gadadhara dhana

And his associates, Sri Svarupa Damodara, Ramananda Raya, Rupa Goswami, Sanatana Goswami, Raghunatha Das Goswami, Haridas Thakur and Gadadhara Pandit are performing this arati and seeing this arati.

sarvvabhauma gopinatha jivanugajana

dekhena aratisobha durllabha-darsana

Sarvabhauma Bhattacharyya, Gopinath Acaryya and Jivanugajana, those who are living in the sampradaya of Jiva Goswami; they are all glorifying that arati, looking at that arati and doing that arati. It is very easy for them to do this but it is very difficult for others.

nadiya prakase nityananda-gauranidhi

patitapavanaksetra milaila vidhi

We are so fortunate that the arati of Gauranga and Nityananda is very famous in Nabadwip Dham where Nityananda Prabhu and Mahaprabhu are present eternally. But in patitapavanaksetra, Puri Dham, it has been mercifully given by our fortune-maker, Sri Gurudeva.

avicintya nityananda-chaitanya-prakasa

sri guru-prasade dekhe ei adhama dasa

Avicintya means inconceivable. This type of arati can only be conceived by a very fortunate soul. He can see it and can also do that arati if he has got the mercy of Srila Gurudeva. Through the mercy of Gurudeva anyone can see this type of manifestation of Nitai-Chaitanyadeva and their arati, and can join within that sankirttan.

Nitai Guna Mani

<font color="blue">Nityananda, the Jewel of Virtues </font color>

<font color="brown"> (from the Caitanya-mangala, by Locana dasa Thakura) </font color>

<font color="red">

<font color="green">(1) </font color>

nitai guna-mani amar nitai guna-mani

aniya premer vanya bhasailo avani

My Lord Nityananda, the jewel of all virtues, my Lord Nityananda, the jewel of all virtues, has brought the flood of ecstatic love of God that has drowned the entire world.

<font color="green"> (2)</font color>

premer vanya loiya nitai aila gauda-dese

dubilo bhakata-gana dina hina bhase

Bringing this overwhelming deluge of prema when He returned to Bengal from Jagannatha Puri on Lord Caitanya's order, Nitai has inundated the assembly of devotees. The fallen nondevotees did not drown, however, but remained floating on that ecstatic ocean.

<font color="green"> (3) </font color>

dina hina patita pamara nahi bache

brahmar durlabha prema sabakare jace

Lord Nityananda freely offered this exalted prema, which is difficult for Lord Brahma to attain, even to the fallen and wretched souls who did not desire it.

<font color="green"> (4) </font color>

abaddha karuna-sindhu nitai katiya muhan

ghare ghare bule prema-amiyar ban

The ocean of mercy had formerly been sealed tight, but Nitai cut a channel in its boundary to allow the great flooding waves of nectarean prema to splash from house to house.

<font color="green">(5) </font color>

locan bole mor nitai jeba na bhajilo

janiya suniya sei atma-ghati hoilo

Locana dasa says, "Whoever has not worshiped my Nitai or taken advantage of this excellent opportunity offered by Him knowingly commits suicide." </font color>