IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mahak's faves

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol. Say you had to hit the road with everything you owned on your back.

Only room for five books, which would they be.

mine are:

1 Bhagavad Gita as it is (unabridged)

2 Teachings of Lord Chaitanya (dai Nippon publishers)

3 Nectar of Devotion

4 Teachings of Queen Kunti

5 Nectar of instruction

what are yours? Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

In a fuzzy-lined small backgammon case I keep a miniature Bhagavad-gita As It Is, a Brahma-samhita, and a pair of reading glasses. And I'm good to go.

I have to agree that the Teachings of Lord Caitanya are too cool too. I also take pleasure in continuing to edit the broken English in the Sri Caitanya Bhagavata translation I carry on my handheld computer, so that one day the website version will be accurate. Seems there will be many other published versions completed before I finish the work, but the work and the concentrated reading is a treasure beyond words. Everyone should read the Caitanya Bhagavata. It is light - but heavy on the heart. It comes highly recomended by the author of the Caitanya-caritamrita and by Prabhupada's master.

gHari

PS - For my five I would cheat and get the big book small print thin paged volumes that contain all the Bhagavatam and all the Caritamrita. That would count as two. And then I guess NOD to complete the five and the advanced journey.

True.

I have read 2nd edition, now I am reading Ist Edition, totally different English translations, simple & sublime, but I don't want to harp on about it, haribol!

I have seen that site, but I do not think this shall ever be resolved their will always be devotees who prefer 1st Edition to 2nd, after all most devotees became just that by reading 1st Edition, but me personally I like both, but just prefer 1st edition, i.e like devotees who say just chant 16 rounds you can go back to KRSNA, and if you chant 32 you are imitating Haridasa Thakura, I read that His Divine Grace said 16 is min, you chant 16,000 rounds if you want, anyways I am waffling on, haribol!

Yes, it is mystifying, I added it for effect, looks cool nah. I wanted to add siksastakam verse three, and another verce:

CC:Madhya 3.14

When He heard all the cowherd boys also chanting "Hari! Hari!" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased. He approached them, put His hand on their heads and said, "Go on chanting like that."

But Audarya said the signature was too long /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Prabhupada Saraswati Thakur

A DIVINE LIFE (PART 1)

Srila Sarasvati Thakura was not interested in associating with other boys of his age unless they were interested in spiritual matters. His two favorite books were Prarthana

and Prema-Bhakti Chandrika by Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura.