Govindaram

Spiritual Aesthetics

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Just thought I would share this Nectar:

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Bhagavatam/text/090.html

Read/Listen!

Just an excerpt to get a taste of entire lecture:

Actually, this transcendental name of Krsna, or God, can be chanted in liberated stage. Therefore we prescribe, while chanting, there are three stages. The offensive stage, liberated stage, and actually on the platform of love of Godhead stage. That is the perfectional stage by chanting. In the beginning we chant in offensive stage -- the ten kinds of offenses. But that does not mean that we shall not chant. Even there are offenses, we shall go on chanting. That chanting will help me to get out of all offenses. Of course, we must take care that we may not commit offenses. Therefore this list of ten kinds of offenses are given. We should try to avoid. And as soon as it is offenseless chanting, then it is liberated stage. That is liberated stage. And after liberated stage, the chanting will be so pleasing because that is on the transcendental platform that actual love of Krsna and God will be relished. But the same thing... The chanting... In the offensive stage, the chanting, and the liberated stage is chanting... But in the mature stage... Just like Rupa Gosvami, he used to say that "What shall I chant with one tongue and what shall I hear with two ears? If millions of ears I had, if millions of tongue I had, then I could chant and hear." Because they are in liberated stage.

But we should not be dejected for that purpose. We should continue with perseverance. Utsahad dhairyat. Utsahat means with enthusiasm, and dhairyat, dhairyat means perseverance, patience. Utsahat. Niscayat. Niscayat means with firm determination: "Yes, I have begun chanting. Maybe there are offenses, but if I continue, Krsna will be pleased to place me on the transcendental platform when I shall relish what is this chanting Hare Krsna." Just like Visvanatha Cakravarti has given that the mango in the ripe stage and unripe stage. Unripe stage, it is bitter, but the same mango, when it is fully ripe, it is sweet, the sweetness. We shall have to wait for this stage, and we shall have to be careful that we may not commit offenses. Then we, surely, we shall come. Just like a diseased patient, if he follows the regulations given by the physician and takes the medicine, then surely he'll be cured.

From my incessant posting on Harinama, I have stopped chanting for a while (ahhh) SHUT UP!, so I am starting again, all this searching and posting has helped me, and e-mail association with devotees, so here I go with Bhajan/Kirtan/reading etc, don't worry your heads, I still be posting, just wanted to make it clear, that all this reading about Krishna and association here, has made have FAITH again, thx a lot! Now i gotto do 16 rounds everyday, I am soooooooooooooooo HAPPY. JAIIII