IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

I have no attraction for them.

Rate this topic

<font color="orange"> Sri Sri Siksastaka

by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu </font color>

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed His disciples to write books on the science of Krsna, a task which His followers have continued to carry out down to the present day. The elaborations and expositions on the philosophy taught by Lord Caitanya are, in fact, the most voluminous, exacting, and consistent, due to the system of disciplic succession. Although Lord Caitanya was widely renowned as a scholar in His youth, He left only eight verses, called Siksastaka. These eight verses clearly reveal His mission and precepts. These supremely valuable prayers are translated herein.

verse 2 of 8

namnam akari bahudha nija-sarva-saktis

tatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kala

etadrsi tava krpa bhagavan mamapi

durdaivam idrsam ihajani nanuragah

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names, like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

==============

Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.8.18, New York, April 10, 1973

Tvayi me ananya-visaya. "No more attraction for anything else. Only attraction for You, Krsna."

So this is wanted. This is perfection. Tvayi me ananya-visaya. Ananya-visaya. No more attraction for anything else. Only attraction for You, Krsna. So this is wanted. This is perfection. Tvayi me ananya-visaya. Ananya-visaya means ananya-bhakti, without any deviation. Twenty-four hours simply attachment for Krsna. That is wanted. Then your renouncement is perfect. If you think that this attachment and that attachment both may be made-no. That cannot go. That will be nice, not nice. Just like you ignite fire, at the same time pour water on it.