IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Diksa initiation please share !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol !

i'm going to ask my gurudev diksa initiation in june and i'd like all the brahmin devotees around to tell me more about their daily experience with their sadhana, the exact rules concerning the sacred threat, and all the things i need to know...

I'm asking everybody because i never lived in a temple and i probably ignore a lot of stuff ! please share !!

Sunanda das

asking for such info on a forum can get you a lot of false info either from people who only think they know or from people like to mislead.

Why would you want to ask here anyway? You should know to always go to your spiritual master for such things.

I will give you very easy practical advice:

If you get 2nd initiation, pay close attention when guruji gives mantra, this is very important time.

Keep your thread clean at all times. Never take it off (unless you are replacing, but there is a specific way to do that). Anytime you are entering an unclean room like a bathroom, keep the thread around your right ear, three times (right ear for smaranam). If you pass any bodily stuff without the thread around your ear, you will have to replace. After you pass, you will need to take a shower before chanting diksa mantras or engaging in archanam.

Be sure to have replacement threads. There is a specific way to change threads; I know how of course, but you're better off asking your godbrothers or guru.

If you are householder, be sure to ask them about householder related concerns pertaining to brahmin initiation.

You have taken brahminical vows at this point. Be serious, but don't panic if you do something wrong. The important thing for you is to learn and keep going. Never give up.

Ask your guruji and his representitives which texts they authorize for mantra purports. I like Srila BR Sridhar Maharaj's essay about gayatri mantra.

Living Entity is correct, ask your guru maharaj the more complicated deep questions, but I don't see why you shouldn't ask the more mundane, day to day related questions here. Double check any info gotten here with godbrothers.

Anymore questions?

Guest guest

yeah thanx a lot, yes i'm a married householder and i'd liketo know stuff about the thread more specifically. how to keep it pure, and stuff like that. i'm really excited but i'm worrying about certain practical situation in life, that's why i wanted to share with your experience.

So you keep it 3 times around your ear when you go to the bathroom, or unclean places, like what, if just bathroom without toilet ? when you take a shower or a bath you do it ? if you take a shower with underwear (yeah i do it soemtimes ...) but i think as a brahmin you should always do it ?

Do other people can touch the thread, like your wife ?

Also, i took the habit of chanting mantra like Nrsimha Kavaca, can i do it on the thread?

If it's too long, can you turn it 2 times around your neck when you wear something like a suit to work...

I'm sorry to ask all that, maybe it sounds stupid, but i don't see myself asking that to elevated devotee and i prefer to ask western devotees who know all theses little practical problems /images/graemlins/wink.gif thanx again...