Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Am I Krishna das or Maya das?

Rate this topic

"Transcendental Goodness"

Srimad-Bhagavatam 5.5.24

Vrndavana, November 11, 1976

Prabhupada:

Just like a person becomes diseased. Diseased is not his permanent position. That is a temporary infection. But it can be cured. If one likes, he can cure his disease and again he can become healthy. Similarly, we are fallen somehow or other. "Somehow or other" means the reason is as soon as we become independent, we deny to serve Krsna, but we deny to serve Krsna -- we want to become independent. Then immediately we are forced by the illusory energy to come under her and work under her direction. We are born servant, jivera svarupa haya-nitya-krsna-dasa [Cc. Madhya 20.108-109].

Just like this finger is part and parcel of my body. It is made for the purpose of serving me. This is the purpose. But when it is diseased When it cannot serve the body, then it is diseased. Similarly, our constitutional position is to serve Krsna. Jivera svarupa haya-nitya-krsna-dasa. That is real life. And when you don't serve Krsna or deny to serve Krsna, that is diseased condition. And that is called maya. Krsna bhuliya jiva bhoga vancha kare, pasate maya tare japatiya dhare.

So we have to cure our disease. This disease means... Krsna consciousness movement means purification of our diseased condition, infectious condition. It is not anything artificial. Nitya-siddha krsna-bhakti sradhya kabhu naya.

Guest guest

So we have to cure our disease. This disease means... Krsna consciousness movement means purification of our diseased condition, infectious condition. It is not anything artificial. Nitya-siddha krsna-bhakti sradhya kabhu naya.

I appreciate your effort as a preacher, this is what counts...

nitya siddha kRSNa prema sAdhya kabhu naya

SravanAdi Suddha-citte karaye udaya

Pure love of Krishna is eternally perfected (nitya siddha) (in the jiva).

It is not to be gained from another source (sAdhya kabhu naya).

When the heart is purified begining with hearing (Sravana adi) the citta is purified (Suddha-citte) and prema bloomes.

The implication here is that not the sAdhana gives birth to prema. Prema is always there, but not manifested, how than prema will be manifested? And what does sAdhana do?

Do you have some Slokas to prove your arguments?