IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

"Sri Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti" next bend

Rate this topic

"Guru Maharaj, here some rumors are going on that you have left "Sri

Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti", and that you have made a separate organization.

Is it true? We have no particular information in this regard, therefore

we don't know what to answer other devotees".

ANSWER:

"Please be strong and sincere in all your spiritual practices, this is

what Srila Gurudeva is for warding to you in special and to all other

devotees as well". ...

"I HAVE NOТ LEFT SRI GAUDIYA VEDANTA SAMITI BUT I DO NOT WISH TO BE ENGAGED IN MANAGEMENT SERVICES. I WANT TO BE A GENERAL MEMBER LIKE PUJYAPAD BHAKTIVEDANTA TRIVIKRAM MAHARAJ. PLEASE INFORM ALL THE DEVOTEES NOT TO BE WORRIED FOR THIS. I HAVE INAUGURATED A NEW SOCIETY IN ORDER TO ORGANIZE ALL THE WESTERN DEVOTEES. THE NEW SOCIETY IS CALLED 'BHAKTI'.

Tridandi-bhiksu Bhaktivedanta Narayana

Bhaktivedanta Trust International (BHAKTI): Serving the Vaisnava Community

Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja has instructed me to announce the formation of Bhaktivedanta Trust International (BHAKTI), a trust dedicated to the preaching mission of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu following in the line of Srila Rupa Gosvami and those Gaudiya Vaisnava acaryas in his line (parampara).

Formed in late August of 2003, the Trust is the culmination of our Gurudeva's long-held desire to establish a foundation that will present the teachings of our acaryas, facilitate the global preaching efforts of Gaudiya Vaisnavism, and foster the practice of bhakti-yoga to one and all.

We offer millions of obeisances to our guru-varga and petition them to bless this humble undertaking. In particular, we fervently invoke the blessings and protection of nitya-lila pravista om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhakti Prajnana Kesava Gosvami Maharaja. We also pray to nitya-lila pravista om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja to bless our preaching efforts, and to nitya-lila pravista om visnupada jagad-guru Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami to inspire, guide and protect us. We pray to Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Yugala-kisora Sri Sri Radha Vinoda-bihariji that by these efforts we may please our revered acaryas in the line of Sri Rupa and Ragunatha dasa Gosvamis.

Srila Gurudeva wants the Trust to serve all the devotees, and to be guided by the essential principle of love and affection. Srila Gurudeva's desire is that the devotees feel free to participate in the aims and objectives of the Trust, and – of their own accord – to receive encouragement, advice and support from the Trust to help them succeed in their respective preaching efforts.

Srila Gurudeva expressly wants that the Trust will not create self-serving hierarchies and "management" structures that interfere in the affairs of individual devotees or group preaching projects. Rather, he wants the Trust to function as an "advice bureau" that devotees independently consult on how to make their activities complimentary and harmonious with Srila Gurudeva's desire and instructions. To this end and in his function as founder-Chairman and autocrat-spiritual master, Srila Gurudeva will oversee and guide the Trust on how to execute its functions and effectively serve the interests of the devotee community. Thus, Srila Gurudeva is the final spiritual arbiter in all Trust matters.

It is also Srila Gurudeva's desire and order that the Trust protect his copyright, properties and assets. Srila Gurudeva wants the administration of the Trust to be transparent and available to the devotee community for their scrutiny, thereby encouraging them to offer their input, advice and energy to Trust functions.

In essence, the Trust will not take executive decisions on local devotee preaching projects, but will advise on those projects in response to queries initiated by the devotees themselves. While this can be done by individuals, Srila Gurudeva has suggested that where possible preaching interests and activities be independently organised and administered by devotee committees composed of devotees active in those respective fields.

The Trust will also provide a central source of information and, where appropriate, resource to the devotees for their respective grass-roots preaching projects. Thus, the Trust is not in any way a "governing body" but a vehicle for serving and facilitating devotees who are interested to practice and preach bhakti-yoga.

Srila Gurudeva's instructions are that the Trust serve the devotee community by providing a flexible, organic, responsive, dynamic structure that helps our sanga grow in the unrestricted flow of bhakti. He encourages all devotees to participate in whatever way they can to make the Trust successful in its aims and objectives.

Aspiring to serve Sri Guru and the Vaisnavas

Bhudhara dasa

Is BHAKTI the same as ISKCON in the sense that that is their name for their organization, or is it more like a BBT type set-up?

At one point, they called themselves "International Gaudiya Vedanta Society", which I thought was more appropriate than naming them "Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti" since Srila BV Vaman Maharaj's mission differs greatly from BV Narayan Maharaj's mission.

BTW, is this news in any way related to recent news that BV Narayan Maharaj's disciples have been told not to celebrate Gaura Purnima at Devananda Gaudiya Math in Navadwip this year?

Guest guest

Srila Bhakivedanta Narayana Maharaja then used a practical analogy to explain the nature of love. He said that if you throw an object into the air it will fall to the ground, and that is the law of gravity. If you throw a balloon into the air it will not come down; rather, it will go skyward, and this is also true with fire. Air and fire are not made of the earth, and therefore they will go up towards the sky. Srila Maharaja said that only substances that are alike will stay together when they meet, and this is also true with the philosophy of love.

Odessa, Ukraine: September 2002

Guest guest

At the Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja said,

"Krsna is weeping and lamenting for us, although we cannot weep or lament for Him, and to come to this understanding, we should continue chanting and remembering."

Guest guest

Don't even think of that.

On one evening, Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja began his class by telling how, after the battle of Lanka, as Ravana lay dying on the battlefield, Laksmana approached him on the order of Rama to inquire from him about the principles of success in the field of politics. Ravana told Laksmana, "If you want to do anything good, do it at once without delay. I wanted to make a stairway to heaven so that everyone could go there, step by step, without the need for an airplane. But I postponed it, and now that I'm dying I can't do anything. Also, if there is anything you want to do that is bad, you should delay doing it. You should think, 'I will do it the day after tomorrow.' If you want to do good, then what you want to do tomorrow, do today, and what you want to do today, do right now, without delay."

Guest guest

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja told the devotees that a disciple of Srila Prabhupada Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja had once come to him and told him that after traveling and distributing books everywhere and opening many temples, gurukulas, and gosalas (places of cow protection), he was still not satisfied. Srila Maharaja asked him, "Have you chanted one lakh of harinama? Have you developed love and affection for Krsna? Have you developed rati for your Gurudeva, and do you understand his inner moods?" That devotee honestly said that he had not done so. So Srila Maharaja said to him, "Try to know the aim and object of your life. Try to follow Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and come in the proper line; otherwise you are bound to give up your saffron cloth."

From Russia with love

Guest guest

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja said that if an ignorant, foolish, stupid, nonsense person will chant the name of Krsna, he will be purified very soon. Even if someone has committed sinful acts throughout his life, if he chants the name of Krsna, Narayana, or Rama, he will be liberated very soon. There is one consideration though. If anyone criticizes a bona fide Vaisnava or guru, he will go to hell.

Srila Narottama dasa Thakura said

hari-sthAne aparAdhe tAre harinAma

tomA sthAne aparAdhe nahika eDAna

Offenses committed at the lotus feet of Sri Hari are absolved by harinAma. But for

offenses against you there is absolutely no means of deliverance!

... Although I never thought that a neutral observation and inquiry would elicit this response toward me.

It is very shameful that we now live in an age when inquiries cannot be made and we must accept all without question, even on a mundane institutional level, ala ISKCON 1980's.

Posted Image

"Do ast you are told!"

Guest guest

This institutionalization of bhakti I don't like it, I think not a la GBC but more as a BBT?

I don't know, the backbone of bhakti is guru, the real guru and not the institution. What can the institution accomplish? We need real gurus, not institutions.

Now there are some assets, that should belong somebody, so they did the trust. Where there is oppulence, there is quarrel, and bhakti goes away, we know that well.

We are not interest in bhakti, this is true, we are interested in gosip.

Guest guest

"At one point, they called themselves "International Gaudiya Vedanta Society", which I thought was more appropriate than naming them "Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti" since Srila BV Vaman Maharaj's mission differs greatly from BV Narayan Maharaj's mission. "

Actually Gaudiya Vedanta Samhita is the name of the mission of Srila Bhakti Prajnan Keshava Maharaj, the guru of both Srila Vaman Maharaj and Srila Narayan Maharaj. They both are members of their gurudeva's society.

Srila Vaman Maharaj does not have a seperate mission.

Guest guest

***Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja told the devotees that a disciple of Srila Prabhupada Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja had once come to him and told him that after traveling and distributing books everywhere and opening many temples, gurukulas, and gosalas (places of cow protection), he was still not satisfied. Srila Maharaja asked him, "Have you chanted one lakh of harinama? Have you developed love and affection for Krsna? Have you developed rati for your Gurudeva, and do you understand his inner moods?" That devotee honestly said that he had not done so. So Srila Maharaja said to him, "Try to know the aim and object of your life. Try to follow Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and come in the proper line; otherwise you are bound to give up your saffron cloth."

Has so many disciples NS who they was still not satisfied in "proper line".

Guest guest

The answer to your question can be easily answered,

"Has so many disciples NS who they was still not satisfied in "proper line".

GO ON BRAJ MANDALA PARIKRAMA AT THE TIME OF KARTTIKA WHEN MOST OF SRILA BV NARAYAN MAHARAJ'S DISCIPLES ARE GATHERED TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE AND AND INTERVIEW THEM.

Guest guest

***GO ON BRAJ MANDALA PARIKRAMA AT THE TIME OF KARTTIKA WHEN MOST OF SRILA BV NARAYAN MAHARAJ'S DISCIPLES ARE GATHERED TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE AND AND INTERVIEW THEM.

I am many associate disciples NS. They do not has some big things. And I am read VNN some time.