IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Priitaa

Yamaduttas and Tulasi can save anyone

Rate this topic

Not sure if I read it here or on another one of these forums, but there was a great story about a man who died, but due to falling into a Tulasi leaf, the Yamaduttas could ont touch him. He was destined to go to hell, but since he fell in this particular way, he got the mercy and was saved. Does anyone know where that full story is located? Its much more detaild than that, with visions I think, and the whole nine yards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And I'd like to tell it to a friend who has a hard time keeping Tulasi beads on their neck.

Jai Shri Krishna /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I once heard a story in a class that mentioned that a Muslim man, due to causless mercy saw the Yamaduta's. It was apparently reported in a prominent Indian newspaper. The story went like this. The Muslim saw these extraordinary personalities and conversed with them. He was told that they were about to fetch a specific man who would pass by a specific place riding on a bullock cart. His death would then be caused when the cart would stop at a specific point and he would dismount and then be gnawed by the horns of the bull. Then he would be fetched by these Yamaduta's. After obtaining extra ordinary mercy the Muslim watched the occurance from behind a bush. However when the events occured as per the predictions of the Yamaduttas to the Muslim, the Yamadutta's left without fetching the deceased. The muslim man ...of extraordinary mercy ....asked them why they were not fetching the deceased as per plan and they told him that when the man fell and met his death his wrist touched ...or landed on a Tulasi tree and if anyone leaves their body touching the sacred Tulasi wood then they, the Yamaduttas cannot take them. The Muslim man rushed off to the nearest available Tulasi mala vendor and purachased Tulasi mala and wrapped it repeatedly around his wrist. Tulasi devi's mercy ki, jai!!!!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Om Namo Narayana

Thanks prabhu, I should have thought to look there, as its probably where I first read it, as I was posting a bit on that thread. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Still, that does not appear to be the original newspaper article, but oh well, its good.

I always liked the idea of tulsi beads as protecting one from the messengers of death. But mine was always a selfish motivation - I don't want to go to hell /images/graemlins/smile.gif It gives some ease of mind, but I know I'm doing it for the wrong reasons. Can't the Yamaduttas see when a person is bluffing spiritually and just take them anyways? Hopefully not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prabhu, my understanding is they simply are to see you are a devotee of Krishna. What you do with that devotion is up to you. They are not to judge. However, don't you think avoiding hell is a worthy motivation to direct us all toward Krishna? Why do you view it as selfish? Just wondering.