IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

Western Knowledge

Rate this topic

Guest: The Vedic concept of knowledge is tied into consciousness. Then what the Vedic concept of Western knowledge?

Hridy: That's just information. But the information may be trivial. In other words, probably you can count up how many shoe laces there are in Brooklyn. Uh, what would you do with that information? What if you're the only person in the world who knows exactly how many shoe laces there are in Brooklyn? (laughter) You see, knowledge is so TRIVIAL it's not functional.

Guest guest

My english poor, so please forgive. I am a jew but tolerates other cultures and want to learn more about vaisnavasim and also hiduism, if possible. But i dont undestand why veda (is it vaisnavasim texts) condemn knowledge. Without it, we wouldnt be typing! Please explain, thanks.

Guest guest

Veda means "knowledge" therefore the Veda will never condemn itself --- knowledge.

There are different kinds of knowledge.

Spiritual knowledge is valuable to the soul and material knowledge such as science is valuable to the mind, body and humanity at large.

Both are needed for progress.