IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

My wife goes to work and I stay at home taking care of the kids!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Help

it's really awkward

mostly to my male ego

and it may be for a couple years more until the kids

are grown up

How can I substantiate this with Krishna's teachings of varna and asrama?

you should see your situation primarily in the context of serving Krishna. this is your chance to develop Krishna consciousness in your kids and catch up on quality sadhana for yourself. you should feel very lucky. if your good wife can provide income for your family that is very fortunate. it would be much worse if BOTH of you had to work.

in Kali-yuga things get complicated with respect to varna and ashrama and you should not be concerned with these issues too much. your duty to protect your family is still there.

just be humble and show gratitude to Lord Krishna and your wife. Hare Krishna!

So far I recall, Krishna has 2 basic energies:

para-prakrti & apron-prakrti.., right? Or somethin' like that.

We r neither male nor female.. or we r constitutionally.. perhaps u'v heard?

If u home school, better! How's your energy level? Rest assured your position is not to b ridiculed. Many may secretly envy u. How old r your kids? Does your wife spend quality time with them? Teach them mantras, slokas, rote memory stronger for younger.

Yes, I wouldn't feel akward at all about this. In fact, I stayed at home to take care of my son also when my son as just born and I must say that i really enjoyed it. And I enjoy it when I see other people doing it also, in fact, I enjoy seeing things where the traditional 'gender' cliche's are being smashed.

And a lot of fathers really need to spend more time with their childeren, they need to develop an emotional bond with their childeren cause often this is completely lacking.

1) Honey I Shrunk the Kids 2) Poltergeist 3) Village of the Damned 4) Children of the Damned 5) Halloween 6) Friday the 13th 7) Bye Bye Birdie 8) West Side Story 9) Do the Right Thing 10) Parenthood 11) DAmodar-lIlA