IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

Prahlada Maharaja

Rate this topic

I just read that whole story on Prahlada Maharaja and He indicates that his only wish is to become engaged in the service of Krishna's servant. I am guessing that is the same attitude we are supposed to aspire to so my question is by following Srila Prabhupada's instruction of no meat-eating, no gambling, no intoxication, and no illicit sex, is that serving the servant of Krishna?

I had some good news from my father the other day. Not to inflate my own ego but he came home the other day and told me I was right and that he wasn't going to eat meat anymore because of the Mad Cow disease we had up here in Washington. I guess it took an act of God to convince my father to give up meat-eating but so be it.

yes, you are serving srila prabhupada and ultimately the supreme guru, paramatma, krishna because following these basic moral instructions you are qualifying yourself to be one day eligible for the pure devotional service.

Chant a fixed number of hare krishna mahamantra every day, pray krsna to send you a bona fide vaishnava spirtual master...

and many thanks, you are really saving the world .. me included..

the mad cow disease in your case is a little miracle of sri krsna and the demonstration that for a vaishnava nothing is inauspicious and everything turns to be a benediction for performing devotional service