IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Earthquake in Bam, Iran kills thousands

Rate this topic

Now they are estimating the deaths at 20,000. And we are still trying to make happy little homes in this material world?

-----

Iran's embassy in Paris said the devastating quake that struck south-east Iran had killed 10,000 people.

"According to initial estimates, around 10,000 of our compatriots have been killed in this catastrophe," the embassy said in a statement.

Earlier, Iran's state news agency IRNA quoted the governor of the shaken region, Mohammad Ali Karimi, as saying 5,000 to 6,000 people had been killed by the quake, which destroyed the centre of an ancient mud brick city called Bam.

The Iranian embassy said that "given the geographic and climatic conditions in the region, the architectural specificity and the material used in the city of Bam, any international humanitarian aid of any kind (medical, food, sanitary, clothing or technical - especially for recovering bodies from the debris) is welcome."

So many more deaths around the world associated with this kind of thing than in America.

I think that American technology works pretty well with earthquakes… knock on wood!

These natural disasters are supposed to increase as Kali-yuga progresses… been several in recent years.

It is pretty amazing to think that in one night 25000 people were killed in a single earthquake. And 6.5, while big, is not some giant event. That would rattle some buildings, probably take a few down, but unlikely to cause many deaths. Reminds me a bit of during this summers European heat wave, they were saying like 20,000 French died because they don't have airconditioning in France. I was like "You've got to be kidding me". We have a heat wave in America and MAYBE 60 elderly die, but nothing like 20,000 people dead. Its just bizarre.

Guest guest

Bam. What a name, talk about naming something according to the verb that desribed what happened.

But death aint just under an earthquake, 1 % of that many got crunched under automobiles just this week in the USA, twice that many will die from the flu in the USA between now and June, and this is a normal number, not inflated by the bogus flu-scare.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

death is certain and we are always surprised. Amazing.

I heard there an estimated six billion or more human deaths to occur in the next one hundred years.

Amazing. Six billion. Hmmm...my my. Not me of course.

Guest guest

Dont wanna get the conspiricy guys goin here, but supposedly, the Illuminati want to cull the human species to about 500,000,000 by the year 2050. Thats about 6,000,000,000.

I also heard that 666 refers to the number killed at armageddon, 6 billion, 6 million, 6 thousand. Theres a different math equasion that I cannot remember that fit the 666 number, and it was quite uncanny. Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa